Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
Neurobit

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

Mon, Sep 9, 2019 12:58 PM

2019 iPhone 11 Ordering Thread

It's that time of year again!!!

It's widely believed that 'Pro' successors to the iPhone XS, the iPhone XS Max and the iPhone XR are in the cards.

Let's get this thread started so we can keep track of ordering issues, etc.

If Apple follows past iPhone schedules, pre-orders for the new iPhones could begin on Friday, September 13, and a launch could follow on Friday, September 20.

Cheers,

Neurobit

Responses

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 months ago

I was thinking that was the problem.  I did not notice any other option on the first order than to add the taxes and fees to my bill.  When I placed the second order the option to add to my bill was not present and I had to put in a credit card number.  I think AT&T screwed something up and maybe they can't add those items to a bill.  That's fine but just take my cc number and call it a day with the original order!

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

5 months ago

@Djposadas wrote:

I was thinking that was the problem.  I did not notice any other option on the first order than to add the taxes and fees to my bill.  When I placed the second order the option to add to my bill was not present and I had to put in a credit card number.  I think AT&T screwed something up and maybe they can't add those items to a bill.  That's fine but just take my cc number and call it a day with the original order!

The reason they cancel the orders is to prevent fraud as that could allow someone to change a shipping address also..  ATT has stepped up the game for fraud prevention in house.  Not so much on deliveries since they don't do signatures on delivery.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

I've had orders canceled due to suspected fraud before and it wasn't like that. With those, they just outright cancel it, not send you an email to contact them and provide more information.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

So the order you received the "contact us" email about was one that you had chosen to add taxes to your next bill as well?

mulebreath

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

5 months ago

Same here paid taxes on one  and had to reorder ,other one no taxes and it went through 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 months ago

Ordered a iPhone 11 Pro Max 256 GB Midnight Green on Sep 13 7:38 AM CST. 

Paid taxes 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

Ordered the Pro Max Midnight Green 256 at 7:05am central time on the 13th.  I just switched from a traditional AT&T account to a FirstNet account, so i did it through the FirstNet site for the first time.  Everything seemed fine at first. I paid the taxes and everything at checkout.  I hadn't received any emails about there being any sort of issues, but the status wasn't changing from "preparing your order." So I get on today to check again and FirstNet site has the status as "We've hit a snag but we're ready to get things back on track" and AT&T site status says "Action Required." I'm sure this can only be bad news.  I'll be calling AT&T here shortly to find out what the issue is. Hopefully it's nothing that messes up my 9/20 delivery date. Will update after I find out what's going on for those interested.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 months ago

I had the same thing happen to me. The first person I spoke with who said she needed to cancel the order and I would need to re order it told me it was because I selected the wrong installment plan. She said I needed to select the second plan. I informed her that there was only two options that were available to me, 30 month installment and pay it all at once. After about a 5 minute hold, she came back on and told me that I never entered my credit card info for the tax. I told her that is funny because I already had the pending charge for it on my credit card. She could not explain why I had that charge on there as she insisted I never entered a credit card number.  Needless to say, I ended up having to cancel it and got a shipping window of the 20th to the 27th. Not very happy with the whole upgrade process this year. Never had an issue before, and because of my work contract, I can only go through Att for my upgrades.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

So this morning I woke up to an email that said they had issues with card payment, I needed to update payment. So I clicked the link it provided me, put in multiple new cards and none would take. It then asked me to call in or go into a store, I called the customer service line, which after almost 2 hours of being on the phone they tell me its an error many people are getting today because of some type of issue in their system since everyone is doing preorder. She swore to me that there is nothing wrong with the payment method even though it is telling me there is and swears that I will still receive both phones on Friday the 20th. She provided me with a direct number incase I don't receive the phones.

I still dont understand why it would send me an email and state online that their is a payment issue if there really isnt one.

Anyone else had this issue?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

I was told that it was a Firstnet sim card issue and that it was a glitch in their system. She said people ordering that have devices with a Firstnet SIM card are having their orders cancelled or saying there’s and issue due to the glitch.  She told me that I have to go to the AT&T store, let them put a normal SIM card in my phone, order the phone, then put the Firstnet SIM card back in. This probably means I’ll have to cancel my original order and get stuck with a later delivery date. Fantastic 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 months ago

That doesn't make sense. I ordered from a laptop and had the same issue. So did my friend who preorderd without an upgrade opening a new line. Still had to have the order cancel and reordered.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

I just ditched FirstNet. Nothing but problems when we were on it. And it’s cheaper or ya to go to a consumer plan and have them add the 25% discount for First Responders. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 months ago

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normally how AT&T processes online preorders...to place a hold on a credit card and then place a 2nd charge for a different amount rather than just collect the initial payment?

See details below...

On 9/14 I preordered 2 iPhones using the BOGO + $300 credit deal. I paid $197.27 for the taxes using my CapOne credit card. I got the confirmation emails that my order was good to go. 

As of 9/18... the 'order status' page changed to...

• iPhone 11 Pro Max-Gold (dd 9/20) changed to "preparing to Ship".
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max-Wintergreen (dd 9/23/-9/30) still says "In Progress."

At 1:15pm I got an email from AT&T saying "Thanks for choosing AT&T" followed by "Please sign in to review your detailed order summary and charges...click here for details." 

(Initially I assumed this was sent to me in case I want to check the status of my order; I logged in to see no changes or actions requiring my attention.)

At 1:29pm I got an alert from CapOne of a new charge of $90.75 from AT&T was declined b/c I placed a lock on my card preventing new purchases. The original charge for $193.27 is still showing as "pending." 

As of 3:09pm there are still NO changes to my order status. Nothing telling me there is a problem with payment or to take immediate action. The "order status" page still says the same it did this morning, "preparing to ship" on one device, and "in progress" on the other.

So I don't know if I need to call AT&T or see if they retry my credit card again later/tomorrow. My credit card should not longer be locked and should be ok if AT&T retries to collect $90.75 again. But this is stupid. I already paid for it...they have $193.27 on hold for them to collect. Why not release the hold if they want to charge each phone separately before it ships?

So now, I don't know if this new charge is for the 2nd phone or the one in "preparing to ship" status. I don't know if they will retry the payment later, allow me to change my payment...or are they simply going to cancel my order even though they already authorized and have $193.27 on hold. 

Based on my recent experiences w/CSR's in person and on the phone...I am afraid to simply call when not prompted to do so without running the risk of some clueless CSR needlessly ruining my order. So if anyone else has gone thru this before or has suggestions please let me know. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

5 months ago

@jphil22 wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normally how AT&T processes online preorders...to place a hold on a credit card and then place a 2nd charge for a different amount rather than just collect the initial payment?

See details below...

On 9/14 I preordered 2 iPhones using the BOGO + $300 credit deal. I paid $197.27 for the taxes using my CapOne credit card. I got the confirmation emails that my order was good to go. 

As of 9/18... the 'order status' page changed to...

• iPhone 11 Pro Max-Gold (dd 9/20) changed to "preparing to Ship".
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max-Wintergreen (dd 9/23/-9/30) still says "In Progress."

At 1:15pm I got an email from AT&T saying "Thanks for choosing AT&T" followed by "Please sign in to review your detailed order summary and charges...click here for details." 

(Initially I assumed this was sent to me in case I want to check the status of my order; I logged in to see no changes or actions requiring my attention.)

At 1:29pm I got an alert from CapOne of a new charge of $90.75 from AT&T was declined b/c I placed a lock on my card preventing new purchases. The original charge for $193.27 is still showing as "pending." 

As of 3:09pm there are still NO changes to my order status. Nothing telling me there is a problem with payment or to take immediate action. The "order status" page still says the same it did this morning, "preparing to ship" on one device, and "in progress" on the other.

So I don't know if I need to call AT&T or see if they retry my credit card again later/tomorrow. My credit card should not longer be locked and should be ok if AT&T retries to collect $90.75 again. But this is stupid. I already paid for it...they have $193.27 on hold for them to collect. Why not release the hold if they want to charge each phone separately before it ships?

So now, I don't know if this new charge is for the 2nd phone or the one in "preparing to ship" status. I don't know if they will retry the payment later, allow me to change my payment...or are they simply going to cancel my order even though they already authorized and have $193.27 on hold. 

Based on my recent experiences w/CSR's in person and on the phone...I am afraid to simply call when not prompted to do so without running the risk of some clueless CSR needlessly ruining my order. So if anyone else has gone thru this before or has suggestions please let me know. 

They charged the tax on the first phone I get that accounting 101.  The hold should come off in a few days.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

5 months ago

@khartoum wrote:

I just ditched FirstNet. Nothing but problems when we were on it. And it’s cheaper or ya to go to a consumer plan and have them add the 25% discount for First Responders. 

@khartoum 

I have been preaching that since they did that discount.  Firstnet is not ready for prime time.