Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
Neurobit

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

Mon, Sep 9, 2019 12:58 PM

2019 iPhone 11 Ordering Thread

It's that time of year again!!!

It's widely believed that 'Pro' successors to the iPhone XS, the iPhone XS Max and the iPhone XR are in the cards.

Let's get this thread started so we can keep track of ordering issues, etc.

If Apple follows past iPhone schedules, pre-orders for the new iPhones could begin on Friday, September 13, and a launch could follow on Friday, September 20.

Cheers,

Neurobit

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

ios program on iphone has many applications that are not integrated

That's the point I want to say

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

5 months ago

@dwill05 

I’ve been watching all the wrong sorts of TV and movies.   You know the kind where the can still get into the computer with the dead guy’s eyeballs, or hand.  🤢.   You can’t do that with the passcode. 😉

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

I am trying to get the BOGO offer - only available with online preorder - but it’s only giving me an option to upgrade a current device. Pretty sure it requires at least one new line... 

and how do I then choose my ‘free’ device? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Trying to preorder online with the BOGO + $300 gift card deal. I know that it requires a new line activation. I’m an existing customer with all phones currently paid off, but it is only giving me the option to upgrade a current line. Doesn’t this null and void the offer? And how do I get to choose my ‘free’ one in the preorder system? 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

5 months ago

You have to add a New line To your account and purchase the phone on the new line.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

5 months ago

@IowaMomSteph    Please do not post multiples of the same question. I replied on your own thread. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 months ago

Placed a preorder on Friday morning for an 11 Pro and picked up a free 11 as part of the special offer.  Order processed and confirmation email received with a ship date of September 20th.  Later in the day I received another email saying there was a “problem” with my order and I needed to call to correct it.

Called AT&T and was told by the rep that there was a “problem” with my order and he would need to cancel the order and I would have to place a new online order.  I asked what the problem was but was never given an answer just a lot of apologies and the restatement that the order I originally place needed to be cancelled and I would have to place a new order online.  I asked if this happed would I keep the same shipment/delivery date of September 20th.  I was told several times that the delivery date would be the same.  

Having no other options the rep cancelled my first order and I immediately went online to place the new order.  At first I couldn’t complete the order because I was upgrading a line and it showed it as having the new phone.  I logged out and back into the AT&T site and eventually it showed available for an upgrade.  I went through the same process and ordered the same exact items.  Received an order confirmation email now showing my Pro would not be delivered until October 7-14.

Today called AT&T asking why my ship date had not remained the same and received numerous apologies that this happened but was told there was nothing they could do and still could not answer what happed to the first order.  The rep told me that I should go to a store to see if they could fix it.  I’m not sure what the 20 year old working at a local store could do that the representative working in the order department couldn’t.  I then asked if I picked up a phone on launch day at a store could I cancel my current order and was told “no.”  

I would think that AT&T would try a little harder to please their long time customers.  Maybe it’s time to look to a different carrier.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

5 months ago

Read way back to the first part of the thread.

mulebreath

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

5 months ago

Pro max Space Grey 256 gb went to preparing to ship this morning 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

I had the same exact issue. Ordered at 8:40am EST  on the 13th, got the confirmation email with deilvery date of the 20th.

Went on with my day. Woke up the next morning checked my email and had a similar email. Called them up, was forced to cancel my order without explaination. Went to re order and had awful mid October ship dates. Hopped back in the phone and 2 hours later my new order now has a ship date of 20-25th of September. Not looking good for me either. I won't be too happy if the phone doesn't deliver from launch. ATT should have been able to have given an explanation and not just force people to cancel because "they have to".

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Those of you who ordered on Friday with BOGO deal, did you also get the $300 rewards that's being offered on top of BOGO? I just saw that offer this morning and I have been on the phone all morning trying to either cancel and re-place my order or have the $300 reward added to my offer.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 months ago

I should have updated my post.  I also received an email on the 14th saying that they have "good news" and they are "ahead of schedule."  The iPhone pro now shows a new ship date of 09/19/19.  A check of my AT&T account online still shows mid October.  Guess it will be like Christmas on Friday but I don't know what list I'm on.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 months ago

I did get it on both my orders.  The one that was cancelled and the new order they made me place.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

Same thing happened to me. One order went through just fine, the other one didn't. What's so frustrating about the whole thing is YOU (AT&T) emailed me saying there was an issue and to call and correct it, and no one can tell you what the issue is, just has to be canceled and replaced. Just out of curiousity, did you pay the taxes or have them added to your next bill? The one that I got the email saying there was an issue I had chosen to have the taxes on the new phone added to my next bill. The one I paid for outright went through just fine. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

5 months ago

@khartoum wrote:

Same thing happened to me. One order went through just fine, the other one didn't. What's so frustrating about the whole thing is YOU (AT&T) emailed me saying there was an issue and to call and correct it, and no one can tell you what the issue is, just has to be canceled and replaced. Just out of curiousity, did you pay the taxes or have them added to your next bill? The one that I got the email saying there was an issue I had chosen to have the taxes on the new phone added to my next bill. The one I paid for outright went through just fine. 

I would say about 99% of the cancellations are due to an identity verification problem of some sort. That doesn’t mean that yours was, there may be a hangup with adding a New line And they want a deposit or something. As fellow customers were only guessing based on past experience at other people‘s posts