The new iPhone 15
Neurobit's profile

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

Monday, September 9th, 2019 12:58 PM

2019 iPhone 11 Ordering Thread

It's that time of year again!!!

It's widely believed that 'Pro' successors to the iPhone XS, the iPhone XS Max and the iPhone XR are in the cards.

Let's get this thread started so we can keep track of ordering issues, etc.

If Apple follows past iPhone schedules, pre-orders for the new iPhones could begin on Friday, September 13, and a launch could follow on Friday, September 20.

Cheers,

Neurobit

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, they’re following Apple’s schedule.

7EA8C791-9A41-41C6-B4CC-09831F444347.jpeg

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, unfortunately, people checking their upgrade eligibility, are going to be in for a surprise, when the found out they've been duped by AT&T, and scammed into their ever changing Next plans. I checked mine, today, and I still owe $541.62. Why? Because the AT&T scam factory, has seen fit to eliminate the 24/12 program, and Im now not eligible for an upgrade, until my 15 month mark, after 80% of the phone is paid off, versus 50%. Scam, scam, scam. 

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

5 years ago

Agree that it’s disappointing that AT&T dropped the 12/24 plan, but they didn’t change anyone’s existing plan in the middle.  The terms of the new 30 month plans were available when people signed the contracts.  Not a scam when people don’t read the contracts.

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

5 years ago

Shouldn’t be a surprise though. If it was, you didn’t do your due diligence. 

Cheers,

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

it appears from apples page which is where i have always bought my iPhone they are still offering me my 12/24 ie ATT Next Every Year... And if it does change I will buy out current Xs Max $625 and go with Apple Upgrade Plan (they offered $600 for my phone) which I should have done years ago.

I can keep my ATT data plan as thats a good deal.

But anyone with good credit rating has no business paying ATT for 15 months and the extra $5 = $75 thats insane as you get nothing for that money.

At least with Apple you get AppleCare+ for the money charged in payment.

Hope this hopes as I was confused as heck with plans... that said both allow you out at 50% paid one should lower payments up front as it spreads them 30 months versus 24.

But thats moot as you pay the extra 3 months at 12 months to get out so difference is the $75 extra for right to get upgrade.

So in ATT's plan to market cheaper payments they made it harder than ever. These phones and plans too complicated!!!!

This explains it:

Below taken from ATT page on plans... 

The AT&T Next® and AT&T Next Every Year® Plans are being discontinued and are available only from select non-AT&T dealers for only a limited time.

You can trade in and upgrade your smartphone pursuant to the existing AT&T Next® and AT&T Next Every Year® trade-in terms. When you trade in your smartphone, you will have a choice between the AT&T Installment Plan and the AT&T Installment Plan with Next Up unless the AT&T Next® or AT&T Next Every Plan® is offered by a non-AT&T dealer.

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

5 years ago

Yep. Not a scam. People don't pay attention anymore...

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

5 years ago

That's a great strategy.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@chevysales wrote:

it appears from apples page which is where i have always bought my iPhone they are still offering me my 12/24 ie ATT Next Every Year... And if it does change I will buy out current Xs Max $625 and go with Apple Upgrade Plan (they offered $600 for my phone) which I should have done years ago.

I can keep my ATT data plan as thats a good deal.

But anyone with good credit rating has no business paying ATT for 15 months and the extra $5 = $75 thats insane as you get nothing for that money.

At least with Apple you get AppleCare+ for the money charged in payment.

Hope this hopes as I was confused as heck with plans... that said both allow you out at 50% paid one should lower payments up front as it spreads them 30 months versus 24.

But thats moot as you pay the extra 3 months at 12 months to get out so difference is the $75 extra for right to get upgrade.

So in ATT's plan to market cheaper payments they made it harder than ever. These phones and plans too complicated!!!!

This explains it:

Below taken from ATT page on plans... 

The AT&T Next® and AT&T Next Every Year® Plans are being discontinued and are available only from select non-AT&T dealers for only a limited time.

You can trade in and upgrade your smartphone pursuant to the existing AT&T Next® and AT&T Next Every Year® trade-in terms. When you trade in your smartphone, you will have a choice between the AT&T Installment Plan and the AT&T Installment Plan with Next Up unless the AT&T Next® or AT&T Next Every Plan® is offered by a non-AT&T dealer.

Capture.JPGBest Buy

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

Has anyone reviewed the installment upgrade options? They are going to be a lot of disappointed people because they cannot upgrade in 12 months, or even in 24 months,  to coincide with when Apple introduces its new phones.    I understand why AT&T wants to charge people an extra five dollars for the privilege of upgrading early, however it’s a bad deal for customers. 

It seems to me it makes a whole lot more sense not to purchase through AT&T, but go directly through Apple and purchase using their upgrade program. That way you also get the option of AppleCare plus with theft and loss if you choose to have it, which is low it’s better than the insurance offered through carriers. 

If AT&T is trying to get phones off its books, and get people to buy from the manufacturer rather than them, this is one way to go about it. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am trying to pre-order the new iPhone 11 pro max and it’s giving me a message about my current plan with you is not eligible to apply

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.