Neurobit's profile

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 7:54 PM

Closed

2018 iPhone XS & XS Max - Ordering Thread

It's that time of year again!!!

iPhone XS & XS Max ordering starts on Friday, September 14th.

Let's get this thread started so we can keep track of issues, etc.

When will it be available?

Both the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will be available to order on September 14 and will ship on September 21!

How much will it cost and how much storage will it have?

iPhone XS

The iPhone XS will come in three different storage options (listed below) and pricing starts at $999.

• 64GB
  • 256GB
  • 512GB

iPhone XS Max:

The iPhone XS Max will come in three different storage options (listed below) and pricing starts at $1099.

• 64GB
  • 256GB
  • 512GB

Cheers,

Neurobit

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Just preordered my XS Max upg from the 256gb 8+; Normally I pay off the remaining $$ and sell my existing handset on eBay and end up getting a slightly better deal than the straight trade-in, looking that way this year too.  I was *just* about to just trade in mine for the ~$475 or so I had left to go, but then I looked at eBay again 😉

This morning, the going rate was ~$525 and I was like 'well that's a bummer, minus fees i might as well just do the Next trade-in.  I looked this afternoon and suddenly we're past $750 for used ones and inventories are gone on the ATT versions from most of the resellers. 😉

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

6 years ago

Sweet...

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

6 years ago

Just checked Apple's website. Here's current availability as of 16:17 CST (4:17PM) for AT&T:

• 64GB iPhone XS: Silver (1-2 weeks), Space Gray (1-2 weeks), Gold (1-2 weeks)
  • 64GB iPhone XS Max: Silver (1-2 weeks), Space Gray (1-2 weeks), Gold (1-2 weeks)
  • 256GB iPhone XS: Silver (1-2 weeks), Space Gray (1-2 weeks), Gold (1-2 weeks)
  • 256GB iPhone XS Max: Silver (1-2 weeks), Space Gray (1-2 weeks), Gold (1-2 weeks)
  • 512GB iPhone XS: Silver (1-2 weeks), Space Gray (1-2 weeks), Gold (9/21)
  • 512GB iPhone XS Max: Silver (1-2weeks), Space Gray (1-2 weeks), Gold (1-2 weeks)

Neurobit

Scholar

• 

96 Messages

6 years ago

History will repeat itself like someone else said, we won't get a shipment notification from FedEx till Thursday with overnight shipping for Friday delivery

Starting Monday ATnT will have everything ready with FedEx print ready to go

If you get UPS then you getting it from Tennessee

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

So I have had an absolute mess of a time trying to order my iPhone XS. had att and apple both loaded last night before midnight, because in the past I've had issues with att servers. at midnight attempted att and was getting major delays, so went thru apple store.. was attempting to purchase thru the att installment plan and chose that option, but at my summary it showed my full balance of the phone and nothing about installment. called this morning and was told that the phone was ordered outright without installment plan, so around 10 am after spending 2 hours on the phone with apple and att being told I wasn't the only one with this issue, I pre-ordered thru att. At the moment the Att status says arriving 9/21 but I'm not holding my breath. I haven't canceled the apple preorder as of yet just to be on the safe side. worse case scenario I return the apple phone when it arrives. Also had no option for in store pick up on either site.. which really was a bummer.

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

6 years ago

Assuming you should be good if you got a confirmation & shipment date.

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

6 years ago

Richard200593 said:

So I have had an absolute mess of a time trying to order my iPhone XS. had att and apple both loaded last night before midnight, because in the past I've had issues with att servers. at midnight attempted att and was getting major delays, so went thru apple store.. was attempting to purchase thru the att installment plan and chose that option, but at my summary it showed my full balance of the phone and nothing about installment. called this morning and was told that the phone was ordered outright without installment plan, so around 10 am after spending 2 hours on the phone with apple and att being told I wasn't the only one with this issue, I pre-ordered thru att. At the moment the Att status says arriving 9/21 but I'm not holding my breath. I haven't canceled the apple preorder as of yet just to be on the safe side. worse case scenario I return the apple phone when it arrives. Also had no option for in store pick up on either site.. which really was a bummer.

This was the exact same thing that happened to me when I tried to preorder through the Apple store this morning when preorders opened...I got all the way to the part where you're supposed to select your payment plan/financing method.  Even though I selected AT&T, I was not presented with any AT&T "Next" program options.  I am on the "Next Every Year" plan and that was how I wanted to go with the new iPhone purchase.  Instead, all I got was the "pay in full" option.  It was at that point that I gave up on the Apple store and preordered through AT&T.  Everything seems OK in that I got the phone model I wanted, with a delivery date of 9/21 (assuming AT&T doesn't slip the ship date as they have been known to do in the past.)  I have yet to have a "clean" experience ordering iPhones on preorder launch day, and I've been preordering iPhones since the original iPhone.

Strange and interesting that this year, it was Apple that screwed up, and AT&T that came through (so far anyways)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Yea I think it happened to allot of people and they just don’t realize it.... there’s going to be some mad customers when they get charged in full the day the phone ships if that’s the case.

Scholar

• 

79 Messages

6 years ago

I am so freaking screwed. I got my order in at 5:05est the alarm did not go off. If it wasn’t for my 9 yr old waking me to ask ”hey mom did you order it yet?” I would have still been asleep longer. I hole there isn’t any not enough phones issues like always. Because I have been with At&T for 10 years and I have been to the point of stupidity for the bill amount I pay each month so they better hook a momma up.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

It's funny best buy still has inventory for launch day 😂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.