Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Nvest01's profile

2 Messages

Saturday, April 6th, 2024 1:12 AM

$0 back glass replacement is $275

I shattered the back glass in my iphone 14 Pro a few days ago and remebered something about $0 back glass replacement with coverage one my wireless plan. Was told to file a claim. Turns out they can't replace the back glass, so they will send a replacement (used) and my deductible will be $275.  ATT website if you read the fine print, does say that for newer items, you may have a deductible between $25-$225.  I pay $50 a month for this coverage. As soon as I finish, my daughter calls from college and says she shattered her back glass.  I told her to call the ATT store.....they said file a claim.  So same deal, $275 for what was advertised at $0 Back Glass replacement.  Shady company with shady practices.  When I called was told it should be $0 by ATT...then finally got someone that quoted the fine print.  

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

1 month ago

Did you get talked into Asurion insurance (which is not very good) per chance? AppleCare+ would have taken care of it.

2 Messages

1 month ago

I wasn't aware it was Asurion insurance.  I think it shows as Advantage Protection...but when you call AT&T, they tell you to file a claim with Asurion.  
They said that Asurion will replace back glass in some states.  What???  How are they able to in some states but not others and why are you so prominently advertising it here.  It shows up on every monthly bill stating $0 back glass replacement.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

1 month ago

@Nvest01  Asurion Insurance is a huge insurer of all kinds of electronic devices (phones, televisions, etc) and is offered by many retailers. From what I've read they are not very good and if you don't carefully read what your rights are and what is covered you end up on the short end of the deal. AT&T just sells it. They have nothing to do with the claims, repairs, or replacements. That's totally between you and Asurion. Advantage Protection is probably just the name of the plan.

For me, I would never purchase any type of insurance from any carrier or provider. If I want insurance for our iPhones, I purchase AppleCare+. In fact, I never purchase our iPhones from AT&T. I just purchase them outright from Apple, unlocked.

• 

151 Messages

1 month ago

$0 back glass replacement at an Asurion repair center (UBreakIFix) if they have the parts available. If you filed a claim online and got a whole replacement device, of course you would be charged a full replacement deductible.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

1 month ago

The only insurance without a deductible is life insurance.

Back glass is usually a full replacement.   Even screen fix has a minimum deductible.

https://www.asurion.com/claims/att/

I don't know where you got the idea that there was no deductible to replace or repair your phone but it's not true and it's never been true 

Asurion provides insurance through all mobile providers, and other businesses like through Amazon, Best buy, and dozens of others. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

1 month ago

This information was sent to you by email after you enrolled an insurance. 

It seems to indicate that the back glass has no service fee, but you are charged a deductible, or parts, pretty much just like any other warranty or insurance.

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.protectAdvantage4.html

If there is no local authorized repair center, then you have to mail your phone in for repair or replacement.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.