QueenMama's profile

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 5:56 PM

Closed

Why won't ATT make a deal with Roku/Amazon for HBO Max?

No HBO streaming app on Roku (or Amazon) due to ATT's unwillingness to make a deal.

All of us who got a subscription as a "free perk" in exchange for signing up for cell service with ATT should receive refunds in the amount of $15 a month (the subscription price for HBO) until they can come to an agreement. W/O this "free perk", I might have gone with Verizon...

Maybe that will get them more motivated to make a deal. Don't forget, ATT owns HBO (through Warner....)

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Why is HBO Max not on Roku?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

so its all on at&t not amazon or roku? negotiations have been ongoing and the other 2 have been much more stubborn than at&t. they certainly arent going to refund you for a free service, they are supplying the free service its up to you to use a compatible device

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

4 years ago

I am HOPEFUL that when HBOGo is no longer available on Roku (July 31), HBOMAX will be available to take its place.  *fingers crossed*

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

I am hopeful, too, but that clock is ticking down pretty quick and all the media reports are that they are still far away from a deal.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

Also wonder why "Constructive" was marked an "Accepted Solution"??? Because he/she is an employee? Since I asked the question on the community board, shouldn't I decide if his/her response is an "accepted solution"? (cuz it's not)... so I UN-ACCEPTED it as a solution.

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

It’s either marked accepted by other members (non employees as employees cannot mark accepted) or a bot that matches keywords to the original post. 

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the explanation... sorry for the paranoia!

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

No worries the current state of the new forum format leave a lot to be desired. The most complaint of the forums was the removal of private messaging

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I'll lose access to HBO Go on Roku next week and still no HBO Max? Please please get this together, don't black out your customers during a pandemic when we have nothing to do but stay home and stream.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.