Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Oct 11, 2017 3:23 AM

Yuntab e706 can't access Internet, any ideas?

Hi all,

Has anyone configured his or her Yuntab phone-tablet to access the internet after installing an AT&T supplied sim chip?

I've gone thru many internet searches and have set up a number of different APN configs, but no joy.

I confirmed with an AT&T rep that the 2nd line is on the shared data plan, and verified this by logging into the account and saw the data usage icon was green for the sim chip in the Yuntab e706.

I tested the line and phone-tablet by calling my primary line number (and vice versa) and by texting back and forth between the devices. My primary phone (Samsung g5) can access Internet. The only issue is no internet access on the Yuntab.

I tested my other Yuntab model k17, same sad story, heh.

Many thanks in advance,

John

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.3K Messages

3 years ago

Unfortunately they are wrong, it is not ATT compatible.  

Support SIM card, GSM 850/900/1800/1900.  This is 2G network bands, ATT has no 2G network anymore.  

WCDMA 2100/850.   This is the 3G network Info.  ATT uses bands 850 AND 1900, which you only have 850. 

IMG_6352.PNG

23FCDADD-BCC4-4562-A105-0CA47B2D9F18.jpeg

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.3K Messages

3 years ago

It would help if it had more than one compatible band.   

According to the specs it has 3G band 850, but not 1900.  And no LTE.  So it has almost no chance of working on cellular 

If the tower near you is a 1900 3G tower, you would have no cell connection. 

Did you check compatibility for this device with ATT?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Ah many thanks for your feedback. I didn't know to check this. The AT&T rep assumed all was well when we verified the phone calls and texts succeeded. So sad tho as the tablets came with no bloatware from a 3rd party and are actually quite nice. 

Time to head back in the fray with more knowledge of what to look out for. Cheers!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Actually, I double checked the sellers page on Amazon and the specs state the band is supported and at&t is clearly noted as a supported carrier.

I'll try to post the direct link here but you'll see the item by searching Amazon dot com for Yuntab e706. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I6AO2PY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've edited this reply as a number of independent searches yield very similar specs, all of them referencing the band you mentioned.  I've a support call out to the supplier and will come back with any update. 

In the meantime there's an issue still in search of a solution for this make and model on the AT&T network.

Cheers

John

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Many thanks for the feedback and comparison info. It's much appreciated...! Now I'll be an even better informed shopper.

The size and cost of this 7 inch phone-tablet is perfect for my car. I currently hook it onto my wifi hotspot of my real phone when I drive or watch shows (always mutually exclusive) but my vision is to let this have its own internet connection on a shared phone plan so my real phone can be simply a phone when I'm on the road... which is quite often.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.3K Messages

3 years ago

Pick up a Tab E.  I got mine free with a 2 year contract and $45 activation fee, but you can probably pick up a used one.  

Best Buy sells a bunch of unlocked phones with varying screen sizes thay will actually work on US carriers and ATT.  

I’m on the road a lot too.  I got Direct TV NOW and watch on my tablet to kill time.  Watching on the DirecTV Now app is sponsored data.  I’ve used up to 14 gigs of free data in a month 

Get started...

Ask a new question