Pre-order the new Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 7 Pro and new Google Pixel Watch - Online Now!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
christophersg's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Mon, May 20, 2019 6:49 AM

Will WiFi Calling be supported on the OnePlus 7 Pro?

As the title states. I've read threads where "ATT doesn't support Wifi calling on unlocked BYODs, but the Pixel 3/3XL are supported.

So, will ATT also support the OnePlus 7 Pro?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y مضت

For VVM, you can always use Google Voice.  That's what I've been doing for several years. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y مضت

They don’t even support their own devices. I own a Razer2 and they don’t support WiFi calling on that. The phone was purchased from them

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

3 y مضت

@gkoskinas wrote:

They don’t even support their own devices. I own a Razer2 and they don’t support WiFi calling on that. The phone was purchased from them

@gkoskinas 

you just bought the black sheep phone..  ATT actually never had it on the site that phone would get wifi calling.  If you buy a iPhone, Samsung, LG or others they do get wifi calling.  Heck the pixel 3 and 3a get wifi calling and they are not even ATT sold devices.  Razor refused to work with ATT on it is the story I got.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y مضت

Well that’s what att says. From the Razer end, they said that it is Att that refuses to unlock the feature. Plus they did clim it was going to get WiFi calling. I have a screen shot of it
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

3 y مضت

@gkoskinas wrote:
Well that’s what att says. From the Razer end, they said that it is Att that refuses to unlock the feature. Plus they did clim it was going to get WiFi calling. I have a screen shot of it

Its a moot point Razor is giving up on mobile as they let most of the mobile folks go or moved them to other projects.  According to numbers they sold less than 100k of the razor 2.  If ATT claimed to include wifi calling then removed it from the sales page its nothing new they did it with the BB key 1.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.4K Messages

3 y مضت

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@gkoskinas wrote:

@gkoskinas 

you just bought the black sheep phone..  ATT actually never had it on the site that phone would get wifi calling.  If you buy a iPhone, Samsung, LG or others they do get wifi calling.  Heck the pixel 3 and 3a get wifi calling and they are not even ATT sold devices.  Razor refused to work with ATT on it is the story I got.

I wish I had saved a screenshot of the razor 2 specs on AT&T’s sale page. It actually did include Wi-Fi calling when they first advertised the phone. We almost purchased it.    AT&T and razor have been at odds over this phone from day one.  AT&T has never placed this phone in any of its retail locations so that users could see the phone. Ordering the phone frequently means waiting weeks for one to arrive. I see this is bad faith on AT&T‘s part from the very beginning. I don’t blame Razor for digging their heels in. However I suspect they did not have a contract with AT&T which got them the exposure they needed to make a success of this phone.   Rookie mistake.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.4K Messages

3 y مضت

Now try this for fun:    

32BE22F8-98C9-454D-B921-E719C4089366.jpeg

the link given takes you here:   https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/wifi-calling.html

And the ‘shop now’ takes you to phone with At&t WiFi calling.   Try it.  The Razor 2 is included, because even though the spec sheet was changed, they didn’t fix everything.     Is AT&T reneged on Wi-Fi calling for this phone. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

3 y مضت

@lizdance40 wrote:

Now try this for fun:    

32BE22F8-98C9-454D-B921-E719C4089366.jpeg

the link given takes you here:   https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/wifi-calling.html

And the ‘shop now’ takes you to phone with At&t WiFi calling.   Try it.  The Razor 2 is included, because even though the spec sheet was changed, they didn’t fix everything.     Is AT&T reneged on Wi-Fi calling for this phone. 

@lizdance40 

Nothing new right?  It seems someone should be policing ATT.com for mistakes.  As much as ATT makes a year you figure they could run the company just a little better.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.4K Messages

3 y مضت

This is one of those mistakes that should stay visible.   Anyone who purchases this phone expecting it to get Wi-Fi calling as promised, should be able to return it without a restock fee when it will not enable. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

3 y مضت

@lizdance40 wrote:

This is one of those mistakes that should stay visible.   Anyone who purchases this phone expecting it to get Wi-Fi calling as promised, should be able to return it without a restock fee when it will not enable. 

That would be nice BUT people have 14 days to figure it out...  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y مضت

I never had to use WiFi calling, so when I purchased the Razer2, I checked the features it had and I knew it would get WiFi calling. Due to my recent move, I get no reception in my house through att. So I looked into WiFi calling as I use my number for business, only to find out that att will not enable it on that device even though they stated otherwise. So now I have a good phone that I am still making payments on that will not work as it was promised to me and all att had to say was oooops.... After 13 years with att I’ve had it, if that’s how they are going to treat loyal customers I don’t know.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.4K Messages

3 y مضت

@gkoskinas wrote:

I never had to use WiFi calling, so when I purchased the Razer2, I checked the features it had and I knew it would get WiFi calling. Due to my recent move, I get no reception in my house through att. So I looked into WiFi calling as I use my number for business, only to find out that att will not enable it on that device even though they stated otherwise. So now I have a good phone that I am still making payments on that will not work as it was promised to me and all att had to say was oooops.... After 13 years with att I’ve had it, if that’s how they are going to treat loyal customers I don’t know.

File a complaint.  And take screen shots of the website.   If you go to the razor phone, scroll down to the Q and A section, and read through the questions. Twice there are posts asking if the phone is capable of Wi-Fi calling, as recent as 20 days ago. The answer in the affirmative included a link to shopping for a Wi-Fi calling capable phone.  The Razer 2 is still filtered as as capable, they didn’t fix all of the website.  

FYI I sold our Razor 1 on swappa, and got a decent price.  Should be enough to pay off the phone and buy another.  

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

3 y مضت

If file a complaint and pursue this as much as you can. It's one thing for
a company to make a mistake, but another for them to NOT own up to it when
you inquire.

Push! ATT needs to learn a lesson.
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.