The Samsung Galaxy S24
summest's profile

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

Friday, July 11th, 2014 3:55 AM

When phone is locked, cannot dial-out with bluetooth on Galaxy S4

Sometime since the upgrade to 4.4.2, I noticed that I could not initiate a call on my phone over bluetooth when I was driving in my car.  I later found that I had to unlock my phone before I could make a call.  Previously, I did not have this issue.  Friends that have an S4 with other carriers and also on 4.4.2 do not see this issue.

The normal process when I get into the car and start it up, is that the phone automatically connects to bluetooth.  If I initiate the call, I use the voice commands on my car's bluetooth and I hear the connect and dialing tones and someone answers.  Now with 4.4.2, the car's bluetooth system says that it is dialing but the phone does not respond.  The S4 used to light up and I could see who I was calling.  Also, when I received a call, I could answer after pressing the steering wheel control.  Now receive works fine, but I cannot dial out unless I unlock the phone first.  This sort of defeats the purpose of having a hands-free system.

Can this be fixed?  Did I miss a setting somewhere?  Will this be fixed in 4.4.3?

Thanks,

Summest.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

@summest wrote:

I missed that setting somehow.

There are so many settings buried so deep in submenus that seem way more important that some of the top level settings, its a wonder anything works at all 🙂 Hope this does it for you!

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks!  I see why you are an ACE - Professor.

After months of looking and asking around, your solution worked.

I am grateful and happy that I can easily call out again.

Not sure why this setting was set so restrictive and it explains why other friends' S4 worked fine.

Thanks again,

Summest.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.