The Samsung Galaxy S24
pythonflying's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I'm still unable to update to Jelly Bean on my Optimus G.  Not sure why this is such a problem.  I've been on the phone with a couple of tech supports with AT&T.  One of which transferred me to someone at LG.  I tried going to a AT&T store and they also seemed clueless.  One of the guys there said that they don't do OTA updates and you have to get software on your computer to update the phone.  I just don't understand why after over a month that there hasn't been a mass memo sent out to all employees that says ..."here is how to fix this problem".  For some reason I thought the Optimus G was one of the  "flagship" products and any issues would be more widely known.  

The most frequent message I recevie is the "Authentication Error" when trying to update.  Other times it would just say that I was up to date. 

Android version 4.0.4

Build number: IMM76L

Software version: E97010o

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello sasham5 and georgedellinger.  Thanks for your posts!  

If you are still experiencing problems with the download, please click ATTCustomerCare and send them a private message with your name, account number, contact number and a good time for them to reach you!  A manager will contact you directly to assist you within 48 hours of receipt of your private message!

Thanks!  ~Delia

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Delia,

Thanks for your reply to georgedellinger and me.

Let me describe to you how amazingly unhelpful sending a private message to ATTCustomerCare is.

I sent that message two weeks ago. I got a quick reply and a call by a very friendly but completely clueless tech, who transferred me higher up the chain to another clueless tech, who then directed me, just like georgedellinger, to connect my phone to my PC and claimed that the phone will be updated by itself that way. When I told her to explain to me how this will happen, she could only offer the most ridiculous guess: "it will happen like with iTunes". Of course, absolutely nothing happened, but I had to hang up to try.

So I emailed AT&T customer care again, asking to find a person at AT&T who actually successfully resolved Optimus' "authentication error" update problem and have that person get back to me. I then got a voice message from AT&T "urgent case" team, asking me to call back and provide my current OS version - something I already sent as a screenshot to the customer care tech I was in email contact with. I called back and left voicemail with that info. That was it. I never heard from anybody at AT&T again. I left another voicemail at the same number  - again several days later (which was 5 days ago.) I sent several more emails to AT&T tech, which he said he "passed on" to the right people. Nobody ever got back to me since.

My installed version is the same as georgedellinger's 

Android version 4.0.4

Build number: IMM76L

Software version: E97010o

I read here - and I emailed that to AT&T tech - that the fact that I did not receive intermediate update OTA to version E97011c from AT&T is the culprit. (http://www.androidcentral.com/att-lg-optimus-g-getting-easter-update) I tried myself to investigate and help YOU solve YOUR problem as much as I could, wasting a ton of time on it. YOUR tech support, however, is useless and seems to have dropped my case, even though it's one of thousands identical cases reported online with the same top-of-the-line LG phone from AT&T.

That's how helpful you've been so far.

Thank you.

[removed unpublished number]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Seems like you found out. ^ Never been on the forums since fixing my phone

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

jarret - no, I still haven't figured it out. AT&T simply dropped my case and never responded to anything else I sent them. It's like you're dealing with a teenager, as opposed to a huge mature company. Utterly frustrating.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

So far still no Jelly Bean.  I contacted ATT Customer Care and they seem to think I am not getting the jelly bean update because I'm still stuck on the E97010o instead of the version E97011C.  The guy tried to send me the update and he said it was delivered successfully - I never saw the notification on my side.  Then he sent me to the Tech Escalation Team.  So far, she has done a google search and told me to use the Mobile Support Tool for a different LG phone http://androidos.in/2013/05/lg-optimus-l7-p705-android-4-1-2-update-india/.  Seems like there should be a better answer but I'll try it when I get home.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Installed the software above.  Here is the error returned "Model not supporting S/W Update."

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

georgedellinger - yes, you're getting the same totally useless runaround from techs who have no clue how to resolve this problem. The problem that affected a bunch of people, some of whom happened to luck out with the techs who actually figured it out. What a sad waste of our time.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Last e-mail I received from Tech Escalation Team: "Did you call LG yet or try downloading the update from the LG website?"   *sigh*

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.