The Samsung Galaxy S24
pythonflying's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry theMan, and everyone else.  I mistyped.  the version i have is E97011c, not 10c.  Build and baseband version are the same). What's interesting is that I got an update Dec. 16th but not for 11c.  Prolly because I got mine through amazon or live in the south east.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Not sure if you all noticed, but they updated their page for the Optimus G on AT&T's website.  It no longer says ANYTHING about upgrading to Jelly Bean like it did a couple months ago.  Jokes on them though, I still have the box my phone came in and it says I'll be getting Jelly Bean on it.........  COclaUssactGHion!

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I am still stuck on E97010I which is an ancient one. I've been using this phone from last year less than 1 week after the phone's initial release and I haven't got any update from.

My experience with AT&T was never good. When I came back to the states, SIM card was deactivated while I was in another country. They said it's because I wasn't using it for a while But for a while wasn't like 6 months long. It was only like 2 months and they didn't deactivate it when I was out for 4 months previously. So I couldn't expect the deactivation and had trouble in the airport to talk with my friend who was waiting for me. Then I went to AT&T shop to ask reactivate the SIM. They said they couldn't. I had no other way to get a new SIM with new cell phone number.

I couldn't print out receipt for the prepaid plan that I paid online. I forgot to print it as soon as I paid online. I logged back into the system and couldn't find the way to print it out and I couldn't contact customer service. I found this forum with posts saying "How can I talk to real people?" Somehow I couldn't talk to the real person, too and couldn't do that.

Now I got LGOG and AT&T disappointed me again. Looking back, I don't remember any single moment that I was satisfied with AT&T. Well. 500MB prepaid data plan was nice. It was like 25$ and lasts for 3 months.

Glad that I don't have any contract with AT&T. But it's the phone which AT&T should update for me, and there would be bunch of AT&T softwares even if I switch to another carrier using this phone.

It's April. Still no update. Worst experience. Rethink possible.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

i also bought this phone based on its great reviews, similarity to the Nexus, and soon to be updated status as LG's flagship... is it that hard to please thousands of customers?? is it really? I finally got a smartphone from AT&T but if they arent as nimble as other companies with their OTA updates, jumping ship makes a lot of sense. keep commenting and kudos-ing people. a lot of peole actually havent heard of this phone, as good as it is...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Well here is some hope if you want some that isn't well negetive 

They recently updated the user guide for the phone from:

RDL-1209-00105_LG-E970-ATT-UG-EN-Web_V1.0_121101

To:

RDL-1212-00117_LG-E970-ATT_UG_EN_JB_OS_Web_V1.0_130214

Only quick notices I saw is it length ....

and the thing says JB OS.........I don't know much out there other then jellybean os that JB OS stands for 

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

I don't think it's coming. At All.

I bet this phone gets shoved to EOL status in the next month or two.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

@kyspear617 wrote:

They recently updated the user guide for the phone from:

RDL-1209-00105_LG-E970-ATT-UG-EN-Web_V1.0_121101

To:

RDL-1212-00117_LG-E970-ATT_UG_EN_JB_OS_Web_V1.0_130214

Where did you see this? Seems like a good sign to me but I can't find it on the AT&T or LG site.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I got it from the LG pc comanion tool. I didn't realize the title till I went to the folder and saw the old version and the new version.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

People on XDA are claiming the update will be released tomorrow. Some in the thread claim they've already got it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2219332

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I did an OTA update this moring and have:

Android Version: 4.1.2

Build number JZ054K

Software version E97020j

Runs great.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.