The Samsung Galaxy S24
pythonflying's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Add another outdated phone that will probably see Jelly Bean before us.

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-support-page-indicates-droid-bionic-receive-jelly-bean-q2-2013

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T sucks at updating its phones.  For some reason every other carrier can add their bloatware no problem, but AT&T can't.  We've seen this before with HTC, Samsung, and now LG.  They really know how to make a flagship phone suck.

Post to be deleted by admin in 5...........4............3...........2........

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Let's face it AT&T knows that if you bought a new phone odds your locked into a 2 year contract therefore they focus on people that are ending their two year contract or people that are new customers by offering them the latest android phones.  Look how long it took the HTC one X to get jelly bean.

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

This(among other reasons) is why I will be paying my ETF on four lines and getting a new S4 or One on T-Mobile in the next couple days.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Didn't the Sony Xperia TL come out about the same time as the LGOG?  so much for the Flagship status of the LG

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Jelly-Bean-Update-Now-Available-for-Sony-Xperia-TL/td-p/3448551

AT&T...how about get off you collective tails and give an update, anything at all would be better than silence

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Just more salt in the wound....

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-57577057-251/sprints-samsung-galaxy-s2-scores-jelly-bean-update/

How is it that 2011 devices are getting JB before the LGOG?!?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Ron: ok have they tested the jellybean software yet?

Nazir : Are looking for jelly bean software update for LG optimus G device ?

Nazir : *you

Ron: yes

Ron: i just want to know did u guys test it yet?

Nazir : Let me check that for you.

Ron: i know it's not out yet...but has it been tested is what i'm asking

Nazir : Once a manufacturer releases an update to us, AT&T puts it through rigorous testing to ensure its compatibility with our network. Only once we are satisfied that the update will work properly on our systems without causing a negative customer experience will we then make it available for our AT&T branded devices. This can sometimes be a lengthy process that may include working with the manufacturer and developers to make needed changes. There have been some instances in the past where we have simply never released updates due to conflicts and unresolvable problems. At this time the update you are looking for is not yet available for your AT&T device. I am sorry, but we will need to wait to see if and when it is approved by our research and testing team.

Ron: when u say "manufacturer"...who are u speaking of exactly?...LG right?

Ron: so..LG did give u guys the software to run tests on to see if it's safe??? well explain what the exact conflicts and resolvable problems that u speak of?

Ron: which was months ago for my optimus g E970

Nazir : What kind issue you are having with your device software Mr. Ron ?

Ron: the reason i asked is because I, myself and a group of others don't see what's the hold up and conflicts with updating it with jellybean if rooting works....

Ron: no issues here Nazir....that's not what i asked u

Ron: u are not answering any of my questions that's shown above

Nazir : I can definitely understand your concern Mr. Ron. We do so many testing on software update so our customers do not have any issues with their device.

Ron: so..LG did give u guys the software to run tests on to see if it's safe??? well explain what the exact conflicts and resolvable problems that u speak of?

Nazir : What kind of testing are involved in it and what kind of resolving parameters att looking for is solely depend on our software testing team. We do have any information regarding that.

Nazir : We do not have any information regarding that.

Ron: so u telling me there is a possibilty that this great flag ship phone will not get the jellybean....but Sprint and every other phone carrier is able to push it...and on top of that all samsung flag ship phones are able to get it on AT&T???

Nazir : I do apologize for the inconvenience. I can understand your concern. We do not have any information regarding when att is going to release the jelly bean software update for LG optimus. Once it will released you will get to know about it. It will be released soon. We do not have any information about date of release.

Ron: soon?...how do u know this Nazir?...are u saying we will get the update for sure? yes or no?

Nazir : I can not say that you will get the software update for sure. If jelly bean passes the software testing with att than it will be going to release. However I can not guarantee you for sure.

Ron: then why did u say soon then?...this why we lose trust and support in AT&T...because u guys just say whatever to get around the conversation at hand...it's disrespectful to the loyal customers of AT&T...same goes for LG..

this is why i refuse to talk to these ppl...smh

[edited for privacy]

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

That was quit painful ,wasn't it

Did you explde afterwords, Smiley Very Happy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Att, you must have just sold a bunch of these phones at $99 and $75 on Amazon. Please release the update for this popular device! I see that 2011 devices are being updated which could mean they are starting with older devices first (or best selling, or no rhyme or reason) and are way behind...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry everyone I hate to be the one to deliver bad news. The Optimus G has been placed on EOL by both AT&T and Sprint to make room the the Optimus G Pro. So we all will be stuck with the G without the jelly bean update. I recieved this info from a very reliable source at AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.