Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
kimjaeyoung3

Mentor

• 

204 Messages

Tue, Jul 14, 2020 1:34 AM

when do i get the Android 8.1 update

i have a Galaxy S7 and want to know if there is a 8.1 update soon be available for S7

@ATTMobilityCare 
@ATTHelp 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.1K Messages

a month ago

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

joeldf

ACE - Guru

• 

507 Messages

a month ago

That's right. The S7 launched with Marshmallow.  Then, it got the Nougat and Oreo updates. From Samsung's point of view, that's the 2 android letter updates they usually provide.

Even though 8.1 is a maintenance update, Samsung never made a version for the S7. 8.0 was the last major update from June 2018. Only security patches ever since, and now those are done - the last one Samsung released was the March 2020 patch, but AT&T is still offering only the Dec 2019 patch.

Whether AT&T decides to push out the March 2020 patch, now that it's 4 months late, is another question.

(edited)

- Joel
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question