The Samsung Galaxy S24
jfergsn83's profile

1 Message

Thursday, February 1st, 2024 7:20 AM

Voicemail/Call Forwarding Scam?

A random "missed" call with area code 708 (not my area code) showed up in my calls queue. It is named "Voicemail" and has the voicemail icon next to it. I called and it is a voicemail system asking me for my password. I forgot my password but input one and it said it was incorrect/try again. Never seeing the number before, I hung up. Turns out my call forwarding settings in my Google Pixel 7a now have the 708 number, though I'm not sure if it was already there. I cannot delete the number in call forwarding. I'm concerned someone may have cloned my phone.

Is this a known issue/problem/scam? Does ATT issue a different phone number than my own for voicemail?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

2 months ago

If you call AT&T and verify your voicemail box number, they may verify that the 708 number is correct. Everyone has a voicemail box connected with their AT&T phone number. That voicemail box number does not necessarily have the same area code as your phone number.  

I prefer to use visual voicemail which downloads your voicemail messages onto your phone. However you still have a voicemail box number

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.