Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tue, Oct 1, 2019 12:15 PM

Voicemail service not available

Phone:  HTC A9

When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message.  It has been this way for the last 5 days ...

This is the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.

Thank you ...

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

Tim, You failed to provide any useful contact info, and in this failure, you simply insult the AT&T Community you claim to represent, and incite the ire of paying customers. Your suggestion to "call us" using a hyperlink, does not translate into a valid point of contact. AT&T has over 250 distinct corporate phone numbers, only one of which will result in a solution. I had to call the Office of the President (a number I found through my annual prospectus, not your post to this forum) at 501-862-6775 and request my VM be reset. It was done in less than 24 hours! But only after I called the Office of the President directly.

Shoot straight or don't bother to post.

RWRowland

Customer and Stockholder

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Simple, really. I'm  just heading down to Verizon or Sprint or whoever and changing my service. I'm posting everywhere I can that AT&T is awful.

It's sad, though, that a major company is a) unable to solve a problem like this; and b) won't address it directly.

But that makes it easy to decide where to take my business ...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

My voicemail has been out for almost two weeks and I'm really starting to get frustrated. I'm a recent college graduate who is actively applying for jobs and it's taunting to see the notification for the four voicemails I have every time I unlock my phone because they *could* be a job offer. Are there any apps or any way I can get into my voicemail during this outage?

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

a year ago

File an FCC complaint. It'll probably start working magically in 24 hours.

Install Youmail

##- Please type your reply above this line -

Tutor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I solved my AT&T voicemail problem by immediately switching to a competitor. Was a customer for many years, as soon as I got "service not available" I knew I was doomed since I was aware of all the news articles about unfixable AT&T voicemail. For laughs I talked to tech support and they could do nothing nor provide any estimate. Not have voicemail working is almost as bad as not being able to make and receive calls. I essentially had no choice. Thank god that switching carriers and keeping your number is so easy these days.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

This is not fixed!  Someone sent me a voicemail this morning and I haven't gotten it yet.  It will probably come eventually - it seems to be taking 6 to 8 hours.  Today is Wednesday and the last message I got was Monday.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

This seems to be a recurring problem that AT&T SHOULD be able to fix, but apparently doesn't care or doesn't have the expertise to fix. Certainly not what I expect from this vendor.

Get started...

Ask a new question