The Samsung Galaxy S24
nuvision1001's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 12:15 PM

Voicemail service not available

Phone:  HTC A9

When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message.  It has been this way for the last 5 days ...

This is the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.

Thank you ...

• 

25.7K Messages

4 years ago

All,

My AT&T voicemail began to work again today after 16 days of being unaccessible. Regardless, I canceled my AT&T account today and have moved on to Spectrum/Verizon.  I found AT&T's blatant lack of concern for their customers, their inadequate internal and external communication, poor technical support and problem resolution, and general failure to admit AT&T had a problem, wholly unacceptable.  So, after 25 years as a customer, I will not return.  Spectrum/Verizon is offering a plan for existing internet customers, which includes phone service at no charge, and either an "all you can eat" data plan for $45 per device or $14 per gig.  Bring  your on device and move your number.

Best of luck to everyone here who continues with AT&T

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Mine works now!! Phone just alerted me to restart to install an update. I had fingers crossed that it was related to the voicemail issue. Restarted phone, voicemail works! I'm in NC, 919 area code MotoX4 phone...hoping voicemail continues to work. 

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

4 years ago

would have been a better use of time to have not tried to resolve and wait out issue.....ATT should have notified us all of this......some have said they will get a $50 or some other amount credit based on conversations/complain sessions with techs........if they give one credit, they better give it to us all, not just those who waited out the on hold time to speak to an uninformed tech.....that is when lawsuits happen---BE CAREFUL  ATT----

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

ATT vendor server issue mentioned a week ago. I still have no access to voicemail, receive the standard "service not available, goodbye". Any update to the status of the problem or an ETA?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

The vendor server issue was mentioned a week ago. Any update?

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

4 years ago

answer to 'any update':

(crickets)

(crickets)

(crickets)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

@WAKKAWAKKA  there are reports of it starting to work in some areas

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Not here!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Still down in durham area. Trying chat or calling you get the same generic 24 hour bull. You can set up a voicemail from your app store and have the calls forwarded ro that. Cant even begin to tell you how many vm's I know i have missed. I just wish AT&T would be honest amd reps woulds stop tbat 24 hour blah blah that i have heard for a week and half now. Meanwhile im in my third week of no voicemail. When it gets fixed i guess ill pay my bill. 😅

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

4 years ago

yes "Constructive' post 314.....there are also reports of it going back to 'service unavailable'.......(mine now working- for now)   REGARDLESS....as you can see from my previous posts and others---the 'customer service' from ATT has been incredibly inconveniencing, shameful...pathetic---at best which is becoming the bigger issue........'starting to work' is laughable and to some may smell of unwanted over-optimism....imagining you're trying to help but no thanks/not helping/won't please anyone with this 'news' ....not scolding, just sayin

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.