The Samsung Galaxy S24
nuvision1001's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 12:15 PM

Voicemail service not available

Phone:  HTC A9

When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message.  It has been this way for the last 5 days ...

This is the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.

Thank you ...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This is so ridiculous! It's been 9 or 10 days since my voicemail worked. Tried to move to another carrier but found out that my Samsung Galaxy 8 Active (which I purchased from AT&T) although unlocked won't work on any of the major wireless carriers. Would have to buy a new phone. So if I want voicemail (which according to the AT&T customer service rep "is just a feature and not imperative to using the phone"), I need to buy a new phone. Appalling customer service. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have a new S6 active and it started doing this yesterday morning. 

I guess it's a solved unsolved waiting game now?

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

My voicemail service has not been available for the past 8 days.  Customer service has not helped.  WHY is this taking so long to resolve?

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue, powered down, waited and still nothing. Been over a week. Sonim XP8 

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Tim,

Like many others, I have had this problem for several days. This is issue had not been resolved it solved, so marking this as solved is plain wrong. It's also highly inappropriate that you have multiple customers contacting your "customer service" department and getting the responses we are getting. If you don't know what the issue is, don't go around telling us random things. Voicemail is a crucial function on most people's devices. Having it down for weeks is unacceptable. Fix this or you will be losing another customer. The only way I'll be sticking around is if there is a public announcement, some form of reimbursement (more than $20-$25), and a resolution before the weekend. I will be calling daily, and switching services over the weekend if not resolved. 

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Still no VM and really no answer. I have been without VM since September 30. 

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

4 years ago

WELL WRITTEN MARK COOK

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

4 years ago

have gotton more answers from this 'thread' than from anywhere else........good, but sad.......after a lot of my time wasted trying to chase down ATT and trying to get problem fixed (did not know was a 'vendor server' issue), finally got online service tech chat to learn that there was an 'outage' in area and problem should be fixed in 1/2 to 1 day......that was 2 days ago.......still no direct notification at all from ATT........if not fixed or notified with updates very soon, will probably have to switch carriers--been with ATT since they ate Bell South.....sad

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I called ATT and I was told it was a known issue and caused by a vendor voicemail service. I was polite and courteous on the phone as it's obviously not her fault it isn't working and if it truly is a vendor issue ATT's hands are tied until the third party vendor fixes it. Regardless, it is simply unacceptable to have voicemail down for 2 weeks (and counting). I'm glad some people here are willing to "speak with their wallet" and change providers. To the fellow who said the grass is never greener on the other side - you've clearly never been in many relationships and sound like someone who is content to settle for anything. Forgive us others who expect a certain level of quality in our relationships business and otherwise. We as customers need to speak with our wallets and reward/punish companies appropriately for their service (or lack thereof).

If it truly is a vendor issue it sounds like it's time to revisit your contract negotiations ATT. I'm a software developer and if I let my services be down for weeks I'd be fired. Time to switch vendors before you lose more customer base. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I called ATT and I was told it was a known issue and caused by a vendor voicemail service. I was polite and courteous on the phone as it's obviously not her fault it isn't working and if it truly is a vendor issue ATT's hands are tied until the third party vendor fixes it. Regardless, it is simply unacceptable to have voicemail down for 2 weeks (and counting). I'm glad some people here are willing to "speak with their wallet" and change providers. To the fellow(from the other thread on this issue) who said the grass is never greener on the other side - you've clearly never been in many relationships and sound like someone who is content to settle for anything. Forgive us others who expect a certain level of quality in our relationships business and otherwise. We as customers need to speak with our wallets and reward/punish companies appropriately for their service (or lack thereof).

If it truly is a vendor issue it sounds like it's time to revisit your contract negotiations ATT. I'm a software developer and if I let my services be down for weeks I'd be fired. Time to switch vendors before you lose more customer base. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.