The Samsung Galaxy S24
nuvision1001's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 12:15 PM

Voicemail service not available

Phone:  HTC A9

When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message.  It has been this way for the last 5 days ...

This is the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.

Thank you ...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have been getting a service not available on my voice mail for the past 4-5 days...what is going on?

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I did find out that RANDALL LYNN STEPHENSON is currently CHAIRMAN/ CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER over AT&T, and that JOHN STANKEY is PRESIDENT AND COO of AT&T. I, like everyone else is getting the run around about our voicemails and no one can seem to tell us why or help us get our voicemails back in service, maybe we can call the Corporate headquarters office at 210-821-4105 and get some assistance. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm in middle TN and voicemail has not worked for me the last two days. What's going on?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

This problem just bit me a few hours ago.  My voicemail number is [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.], which is Charlotte, NC.  The voicemail number for my other two phones is a 704 number, also Charlotte, NC, but their voicemail is still working.  It would really be nice if an AT&T tech would post to this thread with an update on what is being done to resolve this problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Me too and it making me mad. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  They have no real answers either.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had my first voicemail in a while yesterday and experienced this issue.  I experienced again this morning with a new voicemail.  I restarted my phone, which did not fix the problem.

However, I was able to get through to VM after doing these steps: 

• I turned on airplane mode for a good 30 seconds (possibly 45 seconds).
  • I attempted to call VM without disabling airplane mode; my phone prompted me to disable and I did so with the pop-up dialogue.  
  • When the VM prompted me for my pin, I waited a few seconds and slowly entered; I did not press # after like I usually do.
  • I was able to navigate VM as usual at this point.  

I don't know what (if any of the above) contributed to success here, or if it was a fluke that I was able to actually get through, but sharing in case anyone else wants a few additional tricks to try.  

I am on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge; I am not using Visual Voicemail.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It's a Georgia problem too

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I called about this issue today and the person acted like it was some problem with my phone or password. So apparently they aren't sharing the info internally. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I contacted AT&T because my voicemail hasn't been working for over a week now and the representative hung up on me! I am a single mother that works full time despite my numerous health issues. So, voicemail is a literal necessity (especially with my memory issues). I, like most others I'm sure, am a loyal customer and the fact that they are doing me and others this way is unacceptable...especially with my cell phone bill being over $100 a month. I may just switch back to Boost Mobile and their $50 plan. I reside in Sevier County in East TN. The representative I spoke with that hung up on me had the nerve to try and lie about the affected areas. I suggest everyone else switch carriers also.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have been unable to access my voicemail now for almost a week.  I did the online chat yesterday and was informed that there was an outage problem with VM service and it was being looked into.  Does anyone know when this will actually be fixed?  I use my phone for business and when my customers call in, they get my voicemail message, and can leave a message (I have tried it from my office phone) BUT then I am unable to retrieve my voicemails.  This is past ridiculous for it to take this long to fix.

My husband and I bought the same exact phone at the same time and switched from Verizon to AT&T with the same plans - yet I'm the only one that is having this VM service issue.  My parents have the same problem, my mom's VM is not working but my dad's is.  Please advise what is being done to correct this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.