The Samsung Galaxy S24
nuvision1001's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 12:15 PM

Voicemail service not available

Phone:  HTC A9

When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message.  It has been this way for the last 5 days ...

This is the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.

Thank you ...

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Well I was told on this forum that my efforts would not work with getting the word out to the media. CHECK YOUR VOICEMAIL TODAY.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

@THEWAG  so your taking credit for it starting to work again?

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Everyone - I filed a complaint with the FCC earlier this week. Yesterday I received an email from AT&T Office of the President and today a phone call from a representative from that office. Here's what she told me: There are two options for those affected by this outage, you can wait until its fixed (No ETA known) or your mailbox can be rebuilt. Rebuilding  a mailbox means you lose any saved messages or messages received during the outage. 

This outage is affecting subscribers in NC, SC, TN and now, parts of Indiana. So, the issue is growing. 

I stressed to her the fact that many here on this forum have not been notified of any workarounds and she indicated she doesn't have access to these "public" forums but that she will try to escalate to the managers so that representatives here will at least provide consistent answers (no more "it'll be fixed in 24/48/x number of hours). 

For what it's worth, we're going to have our mailboxes rebuilt. It will take 72 business hours to complete, so mine won't be available again until Monday morning. I'll keep all posted here on the status

@ATTCares

@ATTHelpForums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Interesting. Credit?
I was told something completely different. Good luck with that credit 😉 
On 10/11, I missed a call from my Dr which I had been waiting on. Thankfully, my Dr emailed 'just left you a lengthy message' or I would still be waiting for her call. I rebooted my phone, updated device, reset network settings ..never did see that missed call or message. This is all in addition to ONGOING spotty service, dropped calls, 'no network' (ie: throttling 'unlimited' data), speaker & mic issues, which I have dealt with by resetting Network settings, biding time for upgrade options. The missed call/voicemail was important to me and prompted TWO calls to AT&T support: "This is an ongoing issue in the Carolinas. We've been working to correct the issue but unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done".
Why is this not communicated to customers who may be relying on standard phone service? AT&T also said "there is no way to reimburse or credit as voicemail is free with our plans"?? Ammm, this is a basic function expected with all plans and should certainly be covered in my  $100+ monthly fee??? Additionally, I've been a customer for 10+ years and switched plans a year ago which apparently erased my history with AT&T, despite keeping the same #.. "We see you with AT&T for the last year"??? 
Fortunately, Youtube helped me retrieve this message with a tip to reinsert my sim card, however, I've since lost complete access to voicemail including saved messaged. $100+ a month is WAY too much for loss of basic phone functions, intermittent network, questionable support w/convenient loss of customer hx, throttling and zero concern to retain customers who have remained loyal in face of these ongoing issues.    

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Let's just say it was an act of GOD.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It is also in Indiana. Same run-around, cant get anyone to assist.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

thanks for updating
AT&T owes us a REFUND & OFFICAL APOLOGY LETTER
NC VOICEMAIL IS STILL DOWN
TWO WEEKS PLUS
RIDICULOSIS
😕

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I think AT&T owes us a REFUND & OFFICIAL APOLOGY LETTER

OUTAGE TWO WEEKS PLUS & COUNTING

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME TO UPDATE ME

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I was on AT&T's phone support hold forever. They really *****. What's up with the fake typing and the same sales messages OVER and OVER. Anyway, I fixed this problem for my phone.

I am not sure exactly what I did that fixed it, so here are the things I did:

- Went into the store and looked at my installed apps. I deleted the one AT&T app that it would let me delete. It was something similar to call protect but I don't remember the name. Just delete anything from AT&T that you can. 

- Updated the AT&T call protect app

- Opened visual voicemail and went to settings. Auto save messages was turned off. I turned it back on. 

------------------------------------------------

Update - My voicemail stopped working shortly after my post. And, in case it is helpful, I am in south Florida. 

I have a feeling it was the auto save messages change that fixed my problems. As soon as I did this, I could see messages in visual voicemail and was able to check them like normal. Maybe just messing around with the visual voicemail settings resets something on AT&T's side.

Hey AT&T... GET YOUR {edited for word filter evasion} TOGETHER!

• 

25.7K Messages

4 years ago

All,

My AT&T voicemail began to work again today after 16 days of being unaccessible. Regardless, I canceled my AT&T account today and have moved on to Spectrum/Verizon.  I found AT&T's blatant lack of concern for their customers, their inadequate internal and external communication, poor technical support and problem resolution, and general failure to admit AT&T had a problem, wholly unacceptable.  So, after 25 years as a customer, I will not return.  Spectrum/Verizon is offering a plan for existing internet customers, which includes phone service at no charge, and either an "all you can eat" data plan for $45 per device or $14 per gig.  Bring  your on device and move your number.

Best of luck to everyone here who continues with AT&T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.