The Samsung Galaxy S24
nuvision1001's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 12:15 PM

Voicemail service not available

Phone:  HTC A9

When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message.  It has been this way for the last 5 days ...

This is the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.

Thank you ...

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Like so many I depend on voicemail to conduct biz, I have since bag phones in the 80s. I was able to "press" customer service for a credit, a smidget. The info' is that AT&T is aware of the problem and working to resolve, the problem is in N.C. & S.C. only. AT&T has chosen not to acknowledge the problem. Seems like they are sitting in the dark with their fingers crossed.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Any resolution success with AT&T????? I have no voicemail service but I have new voicemails to check!!!!!! I’m job hunting and these voicemails are essential right now!!!! AT&T hasn’t even bothered to lower my bill or help out in anyway. They just keep transferring me and giving excuses 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

And the voicemail was gone again as fast as it was there.  At least I was able to listen to what was there and get rid of the New message icon so I'm caught up for the moment.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

SAME ISSUE....CAN'T ACCESS VOICEMAIL FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS....TECH ASSISTANCE NOT GOOD AND SOME DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS AN ISSUE UNTIL FINALLY ONE SAID ISSUE EXPECTED TO BE RESOLVED IN 12-24 HRS....WON'T HOLD BREATH....RIDICULOUS

Voyager

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

My partner's LG smartphone with AT&T has had this voice mail problem for several days, and his number is based out of East Tennessee.  He's been trying to schedule a surgery and voice mail being down hinders his communications around that.  And it's just a nuisance beyond that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Does AT&T plan to provide credits to customers who cannot access voicemail due to the ‘claim’ of an NC/SC related outage/issue? 

There are a number of customers who PAY for full services only to lose money and even business opportunities due to this unresolved issue. If this has been going on since Sept 21, 2019 - as I was informed today - then AT&T is due to pay out credits to a large number of customers. It is completely unacceptable to not have this issue resolved by now. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Voice mail has been unavailable for the NC/SC/GA partial east coast since at least September 20, 2019. It is still unavailable. I reached out via chat twice and on the phone and have been told that there is no ETA (still) and I never even got notified it was down. I suddenly couldnt access anything via Visual Voicemail, thought maybe I needed to re-do the app, no go, reset my password (which it strangely allowed me to do) but still couldnt access it and cant access it by calling the voice mail line directly or another phone. Its any ATT mobile user likely in NC/SC/GA area so at least 3000+ people.  I was never even notified and still have yet to hear. I am a bit baffled by the fact that you can successfully change your password to voice mail, but cant access voice mail. I was told the engineers are completely locked out of the servers and they have no way to fail over nor seem to have any redundancy or backups set. Or if they do, they were hacked/ransomwared maybe.  Even though VM is an older feature, its surprisingly persistent and I didnt realize how much I depended on it (since I dont answer numbers I dont have stored/recognized/or am expecting a call from.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Im changin to verizon and hope every person that is having these same
issues do th same thing!!!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I suggest everyone on this thread get on your social media accounts and start tagging AT&T with questions about this issue. We need to raise awareness publicly. Maybe then they will respond. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have a notification on my phone for a voicemail but when I try to retrieve it I get a message that says service not available. I have a Samsung Galaxy s9. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.