Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Jan 20, 2020 10:26 PM

Vivo v5 AT&T SIM was working fine in Newyork but stopped working in North Carolina. AT&T 4G(forbidden)

No service is showing up now even since I moved from New York to North Carolina.

AT&T customer support also couldn’t help. They even provided a new SIM in North Carolina but still same issue.

AT&T 4G is showing as forbidden in phone’s mobile network carrier list.

Is it location specific or any device compatibility issue? It shouldn’t be device compatibility because it wa swirling fine in New York.

Thanks

Deb

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

a month ago

ATT does not use the same frequency bands everywhere. It probably is a device compatibility issue.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

@sandblaster

Thanks you for looking into this and providing help. If device was working fine with AT&T band in New York then it should start working start working again if I move back to New York. Is that right?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a month ago

That is the case, the phone has limited 3G and 4G LTE bands. It has one of the two required bands to work with AT&T 3-g, it is missing 1900.
It also has only LTE, bands 5, in common with AT&T.

You are fortunate the phone has worked on AT&T for as long as it has. It will cease to function on AT&T sometime in the next year or two once voice service is shifted to lte-only

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

@lizdance40 Thanks you for sharing this useful info. So, I believe it will start working again if I move back to New York. Is that right?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

Yes, for now. You need to have a phone capable of voice over LTE in the next year or so, 2 at the most

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.