Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Mar 17, 2018 10:01 PM

Visual Voicemail Availability for Samsung S9+

Hi - just bought an unlocked S9+. It's all set up with everything working except voicemail. The Visual Voicemail app "is not compatible with this device."

When will visual voicemail be available for the S9+

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

18.8K Messages

2 years ago

Do you have a unlocked s9 or att s9?  The voicemail button is in the dialer now there is no separate app for the att version.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

It's an unlocked s9+ and the button/icon is not in the dialer. Thanks!

SyberJT

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

I just got an Unlocked S9+ and I'm finding a similar issue. After a little bit of research, I have found that the unlocked S9/S9+ firmware lacks support for AT&T wifi calling, HD voice, and AT&T visual voicemail at this time. However there is a workaround that I've found to get at least Visual Voicemail working. You can sideload the AT&T Visual Voicemail APK file and it will works. Just be sure that you get the APK from a reputable site. 

I would prefer to use the Visual Voicemail app from the Play Store but it says it's not compatible for my device. Hopefully AT&T can update the app to allow for this. The proper fix would be to add in these features to the official unlocked firmware but don't hold your breath. =(

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I suggest you search the APK online and install it directly. It's hardly a compatibility issue but rather an ATT too lazy updating support devices issue.

SyberJT

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

Already done and it appears to be working for the meantime. I have been reading where, although very preliminary at this time, it's possible to load the carrier branded firmware unto the unlocked model and the other way around. I did this with my S5 and S7 and it worked all right but it's a last resort advanced option which is not for the faint of heart. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This isnt visual voicemail. Visual voicemail is when the system transcribes the message into readable text. Does Att have that. I left Sprint for Att and the only plus is being on my phone and being able to surf other than that I was better off on Sprint. 😑

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

69.6K Messages

2 years ago

@Jalisa07 wrote:

This isnt visual voicemail. Visual voicemail is when the system transcribes the message into readable text. Does Att have that. I left Sprint for Att and the only plus is being on my phone and being able to surf other than that I was better off on Sprint. 😑

Yes, it is.  Transcription is also available in settings, but I find the transcripts poor.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Where? Screenshot_20180717-153138_Visual Voicemail.jpg

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

where can I get the APK, can you provide a link or instructions how to get it