Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Fri, Oct 12, 2018 1:44 AM

U.S. Sony Xperia XZ3 & VoLTE on AT&T??

I was just wondering...........will Sony phones like the upcoming Xperia XZ3 (U.S. version, release date: 10/17/2018) be able to access ALL of AT&T's network radio bands without VoLTE certification? I know T-Mobile doesn't allow access to their 700 MHz spectrum (aka Band 12) without VoLTE certification, but does AT&T require the same thing? Or will users get FULL access, just no VoLTE?? Also, does AT&T actually require VoLTE certification??

Thank You

Responses

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the information RockStar. I will definitely follow both threads. I’ve been a long time Sony user since the K800i and was hoping that the XZ3 will have VoLTE. Glad to hear yours work on TMobile. 

Have a good weekend. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you lizdance. 

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

No problem amc! 

Hopefully when the guy's co-worker comes back we can get this figured out. In the meantime, you MIGHT wanna consider downloading Sony Companion onto your PC and letting it do a reformat on your XZ3. This is what the guy did on XDA, so that MAY be why he saw VoLTE when he put in his co-worker's AT&T SIM card and saw VoLTE listed as an option. Other than that, not sure. But yeah, you can ask him as well in about a week.