Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
The Samsung Galaxy S23
AlexFradis's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 6th, 2022 9:04 AM

Unlocking device while in Europe

Hi there! I bought my AT&T device as I was travelling in the US last May. I live in Europe though and would like to continue using the phone here. It's already been more than 6 month sinse I purchased it so I assumed I could get it unlocked in order to switch to local SIM-card and services. However, as I go to your DeviceUnlock page, I get this message: 'Looks like we can't unlock your device just yet. Try your unlock request again after your service has been active for at least 60 days'. It doesn't make sense to me because I am not in the States any longer and not planning to go there within near future. Please help! My AT&T phone number is (Edited as per community guidelines), IMEI: (Edited as per community guidelines). Thanks a lot in advance!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

104.1K Messages

2 months ago

The AT&T requirement is prepaid devices must be used for 6 months of paid service to be eligible to be unlocked.

New postpaid accounts must be open for 60 days to qualify for unlocking and in both cases the phone must be paid for in full.

That response would indicate that you purchased a postpaid phone and may have used it on a postpaid account, but did not have service for 60 days. 

As you can see your personal information was removed because this is a customer populated Community not AT&T support. If your phone is still functioning, perhaps with Wi-Fi calling, use it to call AT&T and reach out for help.  These phone numbers are free for AT&T users outside of the United States

+1.314.925.6925 

Or

+1.408.962.1025 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.