Troubleshoot your device issues
KittyPumbala's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thu, Sep 6, 2018 11:07 AM

Unlocked phone but can't connect to another network

I went through the AT&T device unlock portal, entered the unlock code into my LG G4, and got a successful response.  When I put another GSM carrier's SIM in the phone, everything looks fine - no SIM unlock message, etc.  But the phone will only try to connect to the AT&T network.  There's no option to choose a wireless carrier.  What can I do?

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

4年前

It might help if you said what other network..

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

4年前

What carrier’s SIM card are you using? If you have a SIM card from an MVNO carrier, they might be using ATT. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4年前

I've tried FreedomPop and T-Mobile, same results with each one.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

4年前

FreedomPop is an MVNO that uses ATT, I believe but your phone should not be trying to connect to ATT with a T-Mobile SIM card. Is the sim card activated? You may need to register your phone with those other carriers. Whatever the issue, it is not anything ATT can fix. Contact the appropriate carrier.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4年前

Thanks, I know what the phone is supposed to do, but it wasn't doing it.  I finally figured out the real answer - rather than just restarting the phone, I backed it up and then did a factory reset, then did a restore.  Worked like a charm!

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

4年前

On an LG?   

Whatever works for you, but back up erase restore is how iPhones unlock.  Not androids.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4年前

I'll be sure to explain that to my LG G4. It should be ashamed of itself*!*
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.