The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
What is happening with 3G?
aspirincop's profile
aspirincop
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Fri, Nov 4, 2016 5:56 PM

Unlocked Moto Z Play APN settings - HELP !

Someone please help !  I purchased a new, unlocked Moto Z Play from a third party retailer. I went to AT&T and they gave me the Nano SIM card for it.  The phone and SMS worked fine but I was unable to get data consistently with the APN settings provided to me by the AT&T rep.  She told me that I won't be able to get LTE or 4G on my device.  However, the specs state that it does support all these bands. 

I'm going crazy....I love the phone.  The battery will allegedly last 50 hours.  This phone replaced ny Samsung Galaxy Note 4 because the battery life was horrible.

Thanks to anyone who responds !

darthspader

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

5 y ago

Hey @aspirincop please check apn settings and where it says apn does it say "'phone" or "nxtgenphone" if it says phone change it to nxtgenphone. Let me know if this works.
aspirincop

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 y ago

Thanks for the response.  I changed it as you asked and I can only get data sometimes but I can't get on the Google App Store.  So no change from before.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.6K Messages

5 y ago

@aspirincop

the phone is listing in there system as 3g only.  Have them add your imei for the note 4 back on your account and I bet the phone will fire up with 4g and lte just fine.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.