Troubleshoot your device issues
Antivirus's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Dec 2, 2015 6:20 PM

Unlock code - ATT giving me the run around - how do I get one if normal channels not working?

Hello, anyone have any ideas on how to get the unlock codes that were supposed to arrive 24-48 hours after being processed and 1-2 weeks later have not arrived?  I have called so many times and the last agent was oh so helpful saying that oh sometimes you don't need the code. Not true. I didn't want to resubmit a request because I fear they will get all confused and it will create more barriers to receiving the codes. Thanks so much!

deenalove08

Guru

• 

901 Messages

7 y ago

What type of a phone do you have?  If you have an iPhone then you will not be getting a code.  Once it has been processed you will need to back up your phone and then do a factor reset and at that time it will show that it is unlocked.  With andorids the only thing that I can say is to contact CS again and see what the hold up is.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.5K Messages

7 y ago

Once you submit the unlock application online, you will almost immediately get an email confirmation.  You MUST reply to this email or the request is canceled.

you will get a confirmation number, save it to check on the request later.

Wihin 2 days you should get an email with unlock number and instructions.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

Thanks for your reply.  Sorry, thought that since I posted in the Android section it was clear it's an Android. Specifically Samsung S6 Edge.  And you don't know how many times I've already called. They say it's out of their control. Not sure who's in control.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.5K Messages

7 y ago

Resubmitting is not a problem.  I submitted an unlock and never got the first email, just an email canceling my request because I didn't verify the email.

Your phone needs to have all financial obligations complete to unlock it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

Hmm...Interesting. I never received an email. I only had a confirmation number on the web. This is for a business - does that make a difference?

I appreciate everyone's responses. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Yes, I am experiencing all the same dumb excuses from three different representatives. All have some kind of a different excuse !
Latest is that it will take 2 more days and I will be notified due to a computer malfunction & the technicians are manually taking care of alot of device unlock requests. What a lot of huey!
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.