Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Troubleshoot your device issues
T

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Mar 11, 2020 7:23 PM

Unable to update software on samsung s8+

Hello,

I have a samusng s8+ unlocked that I got as gift from a friend. I am using it in Canada. I am unable to recieve any software update. I tried to manually check an update for the phone settings but that didn't work. Also I tried smart switch that too didn't work. I went to Smasung service center and they said they are unable to push an update since this is a USA model phone.

I am pretty upset with this. I have an unlocked phone and I should not be forced to be on AT&T network to get a Software update (What is the point of unlock then!!??). Please suggest a soultion to this.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

Il y a 2 y

The only solution you have is to come to the USA get ATT service and update the phone. ATT has done this for years and I do not see them stopping it any time soon.

• 

2 Messages

So, I have to trave all the way to USA to get an update!! I will be better off buying a new phone then spending on travelling an dwhat not. Better to toss this phone in the trash !! Or maybe do a manual flash as mentioned in xda forums.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

@tue2017 yelp because att is not going to help you. That phone is 4 generations old now that the s20 dropped updates are coming to a end soon anyway.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.