Cyber Week Deals: Buy an eligible iPhone & get a FREE AT&T Charger!
What is happening with 3G?
Yash_tanna's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jun 24, 2015 12:21 AM

Unable to UNLOCK my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10 inch Android Tablet

Hi,

I purchased my Samsung Galaxy Tab S from Bestbuy late last year, and have been using ATT service on that tablet for over 60 days. The tablet was purchased at a full price (without any ATT contract). When I try to enter the IMEI information on att.com/deviceunlock, it returns an error saying that the IMEI was not recognized. I have verified the IMEI on my tablet, and with an ATT customer care associate, but the web page does not accept the information.

Later, I had an ATT associate create a case for device unlock, and after a week I get an email saying that my unlock request was not approved.

By this time, I have spoken to more than 25 ATT associates (per the ATT system), and more than 5 ATT Managers/Supervisors. They all are able to verify my information, and confirm that the device should be unlocked.

I have been working on this issue since Feb 2015, and its currently end of June 2015. ATT has still not provided me with an unlock code.

I would appreciate any help on this!

Thanks,

Yash.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @Yash_tanna

I’m sorry you have been unable to unlock your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.  I would be happy to take a look into this for you, and get it resolved as soon as possible. 

Could you please send me a PM by clicking here with your name and phone number?

Thank you,
Charise

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 y ago

I too am having the same issue.  I am off contract and device is paid for in full.  I am told that tablets cannot be unlocked. Obvioulsy I dont believe that.  Can someone help me as well get throughthis.. I have spoken to 7 differnt reps and  got disconnected 3x in the process. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.