#1 Star!
Helpful 1
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Sat, Mar 18, 2017 5:30 PM

Unable to receive MMS messages from some people

I'm unable to receive MMS messages from some people. I'm using an unlocked Moto Z Play and the stock/standard Google Messages App on Android 6 Marshmallow and just upgraded to Android 7 Nougat. Still having the problem. It tells me I have received a message, but it says "unable to download, touch to try again." I can retry over and over and nothing will download. Tried wiping the cache partition and tried a factory reset. Using APN settings provided by an AT&T rep. My hunch is that because the Moto Z Play doesn't natively support AT&T's "advanced messaging," the problem is from users who have a phone with advanced messaging turned on, and there is some "advanced messaging" code tacked onto the MMS that Android doesn't know what to do with, so it's preventing the message from being displayed because it thinks the message hasn't completely downloaded. Can someone at AT&T Tech Support test this? I've been an AT&T subscriber for a decade, but I love the Moto Z Play and it's INSANE battery life, and Verizon offers the phone on their network. I don't want to switch to Verizon and accept the bloatware (hence the purchase of an unlocked phone with stock Android), but I may have to if I can't get MMS to work correctly. I use the phone for work, and "hey sorry I didn't receive your message" isn't​ acceptable when I have to use MMS to communicate with colleagues. Please help! Has anyone else experienced this?

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

My husband and I both have Samsung Note phones. I have the note 10 plus and he just got the new Not 20 Ultra. Prior to that he had Note 8, so when we both had note 8's we didn't have any issues with sending MMS to each other, after I upgraded and he still had his note 8, that's when he had issues where he would send me a picture and on my end it says paused. I tried to click on resume so many times and nothing happens. It does it annoying to have to get pictures through messenger or other messaging apps. He finally upgraded his phone to the Note 20 ultra, we tested it yesterday on wifi and it worked fine. I tried to send him a picture earlier and he got mine, but when he sends me a picture it just say paused?! WHY DOES IT DO THAT?! He is not on wifi at the moment because he is working so he is on the mobile data, but it's so annoying and frustrating that I cannot receive his MMS texts, but he can get mine on top of that I told him it's probably bc his phone is old that's why I cant receive his MMS messages and I got him to upgrade, but problem is still the (Edited per community guidelines) same! 

(edited)

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.