Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jan 24, 2020 1:07 PM

Unable to make or receive calls with 4 or 5 bars showing

For about two weeks I have been unable to make or receive calls near my home (about a 1/2 mile radius) even though I am showing 4 or 5 bars. Data and texts work ok. The problem occurs on 3 different att phones. Phone works fine in other areas. Never had a problem here before in 10 years.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

3 weeks ago

Which phones? make and model please?

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Samsung Galaxy S9, LG G5, Moto G4

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

And the S9 and G5 are AT&T?
Yes?
Well that's not the response I expected. I was expecting them to be all non AT&T - foreign phones with insufficient 3-g and LTE bands. We are seeing a lot of foreign phones losing service, because the only 3-g Tower near them is no longer transmitting in a band that their phone can connect to and you say. However that's not your problem - so stumped.

The S9 and the G5 would be voice over lte-capable. The Moto is not, but all 3 are effected.
This is one for AT&T tech support. Call them.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

789 Messages

3 weeks ago

Hello,

Best fix is a visit to your local corporate AT&T store to get a free sim card and see if by chance they know of that area and any general network upgrades or issues. Second would be downloading the "Mark The Spot AT&T" app and self reporting when you're having these service issues.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.