AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
N

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Jan 27, 2020 4:14 AM

Unable to connect 4g

Device LIO-AN00, apn setting as 'https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1218306'.

Currently my CMCC sim card (sim1) can connect AT&T band 2 4g LTE, but my AT&T sim card (sim2) can only get band 14 which got me to H+.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.5K Messages

9 months ago

Your second Sim slot does not have sufficient bands for LTE on AT&T. That phone will not work for talk and text once the 3-g Network is shut down in the next 12 to 24 months.

AT&T hasn't been activating anything from Huawei, so you're lucky it's working at all.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

First of all, the primary sim card slot (which is sim2 in this case) support 4g bands1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 12 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 / 26 / 28 / 32. Last time I checked, AT&T still uses band 2/14/17 Source https://consumer.huawei.com/en/phones/mate30-pro-5g/specs/.

Secondly, my question is why my AT&T sim card couldn't connect band 2, which is using by my sim1.

P.S. It is possible for both sim slot to work on same frequency.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.5K Messages

at&t uses bands 2,4,5,12\17, 14(subset), 30 (rare), 66(subset).

Is one sim prepaid?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

9 months ago

Hello,

It appears to be an unlocked phone with dual sim, which isn't sold directly from AT&T and probably not supported by second sim. Ability is usually to make second a talk/text line. You can check if a new sim from your local corporate AT&T store would help.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question