The Samsung Galaxy S24
info2sushe's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, November 18th, 2018 2:34 AM

Trying to submit unlock request but getting the message that my phone is not paid off....Help

Hi All,
I am trying to submit a request to unlock my phone and I keep getting the following message "Looks like you haven't paid off your device yet. Follow these steps to pay off your installment plan. Then, wait 48 hours before you submit a new request." When I made the payment on 11/3/2018, the associate told me to wait for 24 hours before submitting my unlock request. The message says wait for 48 hours and When I called the customer care today (11/17/2018), I was told that it will take at-least one billing cycle to update the system with the payment update.
Any suggestion as to what my next should be? Appreciate your help!

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

5 years ago

It looks like there's no rhyme or reason to how that status gets processed. When we were unlocking my wife's iPhone a while back we paid off at an AT&T corporate store, went home and submitted the unlock request. Within a day the phone was unlocked. But if you look through the forums you'll see this comes up every so often. So my advice would be to go to a corporate AT&T store if you have one nearby and see if they can that status updated faster.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.