The Samsung Galaxy S24
Green2222's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, April 11th, 2011 10:09 AM

THE HTC INSPIRE IS FAR FROM INSPIRING. You will be dissapointed. Lacks in battery support.

The htc inspire is a big disappointment. One of the biggest problems is the disappointing battery. I can only get 3 hours of use on one battery. I hold htc, at&t accountable for providing such a mediocre oem battery. I will not cut these multi billion dollar corporations any slack for selling  an electronic device with sooo many features and not having the GUMPTION to BACK it up. I equate this to bait and switch. Please give me a break. At least offer to SELL yes SELL a battery with double the amount of power to support your equipment. After all it is useless to have an unlimited data plan with all the other added costs of having such a device if you can not use it. You guys have to be ashamed of your selves. 

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

13 years ago

@Green2222 wrote:

I can only get 3 hours of use on one battery.

It really is because of the bloatware that people already stated, which is AT&T's fault. Root it, and get rid of it. You'll easily surpass current usage (I use 3 hours for entertainment during commute, from simple games to emulating PSX, daily, and still have 60-80% battery life left for the rest of the day).

And I don't sacrifice on quality. I use live wallpaper, and medium-low backlight setting.

@redpoint73 wrote:

Task killers for Android don't work and shouldn't be used, the processes will just respawn themselves.

This is true. There really isn't a point in having a task killer set to automatic, but there is a point in having a task killer. When you use a one-time program, like a game or camera, and go back to the home screen, the app will still be running in the background. Apps like these can be closed with a task killer, and will not restart, unless you start it up again.

Only the apps that are designed/coded to run all the time = restarted. You can put all these on the "ignore" list, and have task killers periodically shut down other apps (like the said game/camera apps), or you can manually kill it all after running the app.

@BassLine wrote:

But what about the fake 4G? ... Wheres the fineprint about the crippled upload speeds or the fake 4G? ... Not one Inspire/Atrix owner sees HSPA+ in the settings. Only HSDPA.

IIRC, HSPA+ is available in very select areas, and may not even be readily usable at all... seeing how that's their main point to the FCC in the acquisition of T-Mobile (AT&T claims that they're the victims of their own success).

The phone itself is capable of 4G, and that's not fake advertisement, nor is it for AT&T to claim that they offer 4G (which usually follows the disclaimer that it's not available everywhere).

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

13 years ago

For 14+ years I've been a faithful, patient and loyal BellSouth Mobility ... Cingular ... AT&T customer. Mainly because I travel a 400 mile radius for business and they have had the most extensive coverage areas and descent service, pretty much .... until now. I used to get a good signal in my home and in my office at work on all the mobile phones I've had (Audiovox, Nokia, HTC, Samsung and Now HTC Inspire   4G   2.5E). Now, when I pick up my Inspire at my home (or office) and press the power button the signal indicator shows "H"-3 bars. Before I can unlock it, the indicator shows "H"-1 bar. If I make a call, sometimes, it will stay on "H"-1 bar BUT ....... you let me try ANYTHING with data (on my unlimited data plan) and it immediately streaks past 3G and shows "E"-4 bars. I never see "H" or "G" again until I've put the phone in 'sleep mode' and pick it up again later. Rinse and repeat. 

Today was my second grandchild's 1st birthday party. We were outdoors grilling and (7 miles across town from my home) discussing some of the recent destruction from the tornadoes locally and I was asked if I had seen the "YouTube" video from a near-by community. I said no and whipped out my trusty Inspire 2.5G and had an "H"-4 bars signal. I thought to myself ..... 'this is going to be easy." I hit the pre-loaded "YouTube" widget, turned the phone to landscape so I could take full advantage of the beautiful 4.3" SLCD screen and all I got was a buffering wheel and after a couple of minutes returned the phone to the upright portrait view so as to see the signal strength ...... it was "E"-5 bars. In disgust, I put the Inspire 2.5G back in it's protective leather case and proceeded with 2 hot dogs, cole slaw and a very large piece of birthday cake. After a little settling, my son asked if I had been able to see that "YouTube" tornado video. I told him no, but, let's try again. Sure enough, I had "H"-4 bars again and was satisfied that this would be the fastest video download (or stream) ever. Again after a minute or two of foot tapping, I returned the phone, again, to the portrait position and again, .... "E"-5 bars. Rinse and repeat.

I like the phone. It's fast offline and on my Wifi at home. I don't even have a problem with the duration of the battery. I have downloaded Market Apps to customize it to my liking. This fake 4G is ...... well, I won't call it false advertising (YET), lets just call it ........ A D*** LIE! 

And now for the questions:

1) What is causing the "auto-switch" from "H" to "E", especially for data, and what is the cure?

2) Do you have to be an Iphone owner to get at least a 3G signal?

3) My 30-day return expires in 5 days, can anyone tell me a comparable model from Verizon or Cellular South, because, if this problem isn't resolved by AT&T in 4 days, I'll be a proud new customer of some other company.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

@Printerscape wrote:

This is true. There really isn't a point in having a task killer set to automatic, but there is a point in having a task killer. When you use a one-time program, like a game or camera, and go back to the home screen, the app will still be running in the background. Apps like these can be closed with a task killer, and will not restart, unless you start it up again.

You can do that right in Android's settings, so again, task killers are pointless.  Don't waste space on your phone on apps that do what the Android OS already does.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.