Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Mar 12, 2017 5:08 PM

stream

How do I get my directv to stream from my phone or tablet to my tv in my motorhome? I have been told I need an adaptor by ATT, but noone seems to know which one to buy.  We checked with radio shack and they said they used to carry them but no more.  I have an android phone and tablet that both receive and play tv.

Responses

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@willie1948 You could get an HDMI cable for the tablet or phone, that'd be the easiest and would definetly use the data from that device.

The other choice would be some kind of google streaming stick, but that probably wouldn't be free data if that's what you're trying to use.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.1K Messages

4 years ago

Assuming his RV has no access to wifi, he has to physically connect the device, so a cable with HDMI output would be the way to go.  This is out of my experience though.  I suggest you hop on one of the cord cutting forums and ask what cable to get.  I'm sure you can buy on Amazon. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
tim horton

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

4 years ago

You need a MHL cable to convert from micro usb from the android phone/tabet to HDMI port of the TV. Not all phones/tablets support MHL cable so you have to make sure your device supports it and purchase the correct cable.

The other option will be using a chromecast. In order to do that, you need a phone to provide the hotspot. Another phone/tablet to connect to hotspot to pickup the video programing and cast to the chromecast. The chromecast is plugged the HDMI port of the TV and connect wirelessly with the hotspot.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.1K Messages

4 years ago

Way to go @tim horton.  Nice to know we have a cutter on the forum.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

tim horton

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

4 years ago

Not really a cutter but a tinkerer.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you!

Get started...