Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Jdonz94's profile
Jdonz94
#1 Star!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Dec 12, 2013 7:49 AM

Sms messages won't go through to one person?

I own a Galaxy S4 and I recently (just like 2 days ago) started experiencing a problem where one contact, and only one contact on my contacts list isn't getting my messages. She can send me them, but when I send her some, it says they went through but she isn't getting them. This starting happening when I started using Google Hangouts as my SMS app (2.0.2 or whatever the most recent update is). I don't know if that is related, but it seems like ever since, she can't get my messages. So I switched back to my regular default texting app, and of course that doesn't work either. I've uninstalled hangouts, and I've cleared it's cache and turned it off and everything you could imagine. I don't understand why my messages aren't going through. Also, this might or might not be relevant, but it's a replacement AT&T sent me after my last one broke. Though that wouldn't explain why I was able to text her before hangouts or why I am able to still text like everyone else. If anyone could offer any help, I would really appreciate it, because I am lost and this is starting to become a big problem. Thank you. 

Responses

damian67

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I have the same issue, and just recently started. I verified it was NOT the phone by moving the sim to another locked ATT HTC one and had the same issue. I would check your usage history and see if you see the texts sent there. if you don't it would seem to be a ATT backend issue.

Jdonz94

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

How would I go about checking the usage history? And I'm looking for the texts in the usage history? Have you made any type of progress into fixing this for yourself? I have exhausted all of the options I had with resetting settings and all of that, and it seems like whatever is going on isn't fixable on my end. I already called AT&T yesterday and they said they can't seem to see anything wrong with my phone or how it's connecting to the network and that they'd have to open an "advanced" case for me where they have more trained technicians examine my phone I guess.

damian67

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

If you go into your account overview>Billing and Usage>Usage Since Last Bill

you will be able to see all text/data activity on each line up to about the last 30 min. You can even filter on texts.

I am at the same point as you and will need L2/L3 support to look into this. Normal support can't figure it out. I was on the phone with them even when I swapped phones and the problem was on both phones.

ATTJulieCS

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Are you still having this issue @Jdonz94 ?  I don't know why you're unable to send to a particular person but we can troubleshoot the issue for you and do our best to help.  Send us a private message here with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. We'll do what we can! 

Jdonz94

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I'm actually not still experiencing the problem. It just went away on its own after a few days. It was really annoying, but it works now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

When I text one of my contacts my text messages are not received but I get theirs. I have a IPhone and this has been going on for years. I called their service provider as will as AT&T no one has yet resolved the issue

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I had the same problem. I deleted all the texts to that one person and started over. I have it set to delete I think at like a 1000 but I guess it didn't do it. I think the storage for the thread ran out. I have no idea really what I just said 🙂 All I know is that nothing worked that I read, and AT&T didn't know why. Just delete all the texts to that person, go to your contacts, pull the person up again send them a txt. Good Luck!

Get started...

Ask a new question