Samsung S4 will drop WiFi and connect to LTE
Both my daughter and I have S4s. I upgraded to 4.3 in NOV; she just six days ago (25 FEB). I am essentially homebound and rarely use LTE. She is a college student and uses dorm hotspots and other WiFi connections. We purchase 200 MB for $15/month for each phone.
Since upgrading to 4.3, the phone continues to drop WiFi and connect to LTE. If I step outside to get the mail, it drops WiFi and will not autoconnect once I return inside. Previously, it would autoconnect to saved locations. I can deal with this, however my daughter is always moving in and out of WiFi hotspots and if she is not vigilante, she is on LTE. Other than when she was at traveling for 3 months during summer, she has never used more than 140 MB. Since upgrading to 4.3 six days ago, she has now used 176 MB. She is a straight A student that received scholastic scholarships and only has 3 semesters remaining before graduation, so I know it is not because she is not vigilant.
When I started experiencing problems, AT&T support told me it was my modem. Even though I experienced the same problems at other hotspots, I upgraded my 14 month modem/router. Problem persisted. Not my modem/router; it is the phone.
(1) Why did the update remove the option to turn data "on/off"?
(2) Is there any process to return to previous Android version?
(3) Why are the phones dropping WiFi for LTE?
(4) Why will the phones not autoconnect to known hotspots and designated locations such as "Home", as they did prior to upgrade? (I researched this online and some suggested removing saved locations and re-enter them. No joy.)
(5) Will the new update, 4.4 correct these issues?
Any help is appreciated.