For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
drgerry's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Sunday, February 8th, 2015 2:52 PM

Samsung S4 - AT&T Email stuck on Initializing Mailbox - will not load

Just got a Samsung S4 Mini (SGH-I257) AT&T phone:

trying to get the AT&T email app to work, but it stays stuck on "Initializing Mailbox" and will not load.

Please help, need emails before TOMORROW!!!!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @drgerry  Thanks for posting your concerns.

Sorry to hear you’re having issues getting your email set up on your phone. Once of the things you’ll want to make sure you have first is Internet connection. If you can access the browser and access a site you’ve never accessed on the phone, then you’ll want to go ahead and delete that address then power the phone off for 1-2 minutes, power it back on and set up the email address once more. Here are the steps to delete that address:

To delete an email account, from the home screen, press the Menu key.

Press the Menu key.

Tap Settings.

Tap Account settings.

Tap the Delete icon.

Tap the desired account.

Tap Delete.

Tap OK.

Hope this helps!

Charise

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

9 years ago

I am not getting IMAP Push notifications. I do get emails with no problems, but I am not being NOTIFIED (IMAP PUSH notifications) of them. The only way I know about emails is when I manually open the app on my phone and refresh (or sync) to the server.

All settings on the phone and in the email app are set to allow IMAP notifications. (trust me, I was on the phone with AT&T several hours Sunday going through this multiple times)

My laptop gets emails immediately, but not the Samsung SGH-I257 phone.

I currently have my email sync schedule set at 5 mins. That way at least I will find out about emails every 5 mins. However, this is just a work-around untill AT&T can get this fixed.

In my business, when someones system is down, 5 mins is a long time to wait for a reply.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

9 years ago

It appears that AT&T does not utilize IMAP for Android. So, no wonder I'm not getting anything pushed. Appears they are in cohoots with Apple and their iPhones and they're the only ones who get "pushed" emails. Android users don't.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.