Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, May 24, 2011 7:23 AM

Samsung Infuse 4G playing video -- How is that ?

Hi, folks.

How’s Samsung Infuse 4G for video playback? And battery life treating? I’m gonna put some movies to Infuse 4G so as to watch them on board. How long will it go thru if I play videos uninterrupted? What kind of video plays best on Infuse 4G? Most of my movie collections are 1080p HD contents and I’m not sure the handset will play them.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I can tell you that 1080p videos are not for Infuse 4G. With a 16GB card, you could probably get 30 minutes or less of 1080p footage after you loaded all your music and apps on it. Besides, the Infuse 4G can’t handle videos of very high bitrate. I suggest you shrink the videos to 800*480, 2000kbps. That’s the best settings I know. Use Pavtube- their converter ultimate allows for personalized settings.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have a 1080p music video on my Infuse right now that I watch all the time. It runs great on my phone. I've even used the MHL cable to hook my phone up to my TV at watch it on my HD TV and it works flawlessly.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks. I tried the settings you recommend with pavtube converter ultimate, and indeed it works! 1280*720 works too, yet it seems 1920*1080 videos are not for the device. Basically, both H.264 encoded mp4 and mkv(720p and 480p) play fine on Infuse 4G. Smiley Very Happy

I'm now shrinking my HD movies to 720p and putting the movies to Infuse 4G~  Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, how's your battery performance, guys?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Running full brightness and running games annihilates the battery; in fact to prevent itself from overheating it turns the brightness down. Of course with conservative brightness and limiting my usage to web/text/calls the battery life is easily more than a day (assuming I started the day at 100%).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

My battery easlily lasts me all day with moderate to heavy use. Some things that I have done to help with that is turning the screen brightness down to 10% and using an app called Green Power. I highly recommend Green Power. The app automatically turns off your wifi/4g/bluetooth radios when the phone is locked and is highly configurable.

So far I am loving this phone. I had the Motorola Atrix for about 4 weeks before I returned it for the Samsung Infuse.