Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jul 13, 2016 11:27 PM

Samsung Galaxy s7 active is not water resistant !!

had this phone for a while and just to test out the water resistant by running the phone through cold water for screen cleaning for about a min. now the screen just goes black.  I have this phone under warrenty but I feels like ive been tricked advertise saying this phone can  take a picture under water and all that. is there anything i can do other than fork out 200 dollars to the insurance?  

Responses

pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.4K Messages

4 years ago

I'd contact Samsung directly, you'll probably have better luck.

If you search for your subject, in the forums, you'll find some interesting pointers regarding this phone/issue, including one with a Consumer Reports link.

This should give you a starting point, for a discussion with Samsung Warranty.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Busternutt

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

4 years ago

It's pretty clear from other threads that if the phone's water sensor is tripped, ATT wants nothing to do with it. You will have to deal directly with Samssung.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"

Get started...

Ask a new question