Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
jmylvahanan9's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 3:46 AM

Samsung galaxy s5 won't update

I have a samung galaxy s5 (g900a) and it is saying that the operating system is up-to-date even though at&t realeased the lollipop and marshmallow update for this specific phone. I was wondering if I take my phone to thier store, would they be able to update it manually?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@jmylvahanan9 wrote:

I have a samung galaxy s5 (g900a) and it is saying that the operating system is up-to-date even though at&t realeased the lollipop and marshmallow update for this specific phone. I was wondering if I take my phone to thier store, would they be able to update it manually?

@jmylvahanan9

att stores cant do updates.  you can take it to a samsung experience center inside a best buy and they can flash it for you.  I am assuming your not using att as your carrier?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes Att is not my current carrier and would taking it to a samsung experience center update it for me, if not where can I update my phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@jmylvahanan9 wrote:

Yes Att is not my current carrier and would taking it to a samsung experience center update it for me, if not where can I update my phone.

@jmylvahanan9

like I said take it to a samung experience center and have them flash it for you.  Otherwise your not going to get updates period.  ATT only updates devices connected to the att network so you need ATT post paid service or att gophone service.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry I'm new to android and will flashing allow to update my phone

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

7 years ago

Flashing is updating software

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

do all Samsung experience centers do flashing for this phone?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

As of March 2018 Samsung no longer provides flashing for Galaxy S5, I went to the only Samsung experience center in my metro area (Philadelphia) and the guy said Samsung didn't even give him the software to flash this phone anymore (SM-G900 any variation).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

As of March 2018 Samsung no longer provides flashing for Galaxy S5, I went to the only Samsung experience center in my metro area (Philadelphia) and the guy said Samsung didn't even give him the software to flash this phone anymore (SM-G900 any variation).

You now either have to send it Samsung or try it yourself.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have the at&t unlocked s5, new and never had battery installed yet, and wanted to get it updated before activating it. Went to local at&t locations and no one could or would update it. I then went to best buy and

was referred to the closest Samsung experience center in Gaithersburg md by the Hagerstown md store and was then told the same thing today...not able to update. What is the cost to send to samsung? Also I'm assuming to try it yourself you need to buy 1 month pay as you go card and byop sim for at&t? Any other options? Would like to get some use out of it before it becomes an outdated brick.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

6 years ago

@n2krates

@n2krates wrote:

I have the at&t unlocked s5, new and never had battery installed yet, and wanted to get it updated before activating it. Went to local at&t locations and no one could or would update it. I then went to best buy and

was referred to the closest Samsung experience center in Gaithersburg md by the Hagerstown md store and was then told the same thing today...not able to update. What is the cost to send to samsung? Also I'm assuming to try it yourself you need to buy 1 month pay as you go card and byop sim for at&t? Any other options? Would like to get some use out of it before it becomes an outdated brick.

Samsung cannot update an ATT branded phone.   If ‘The Experience’ no longer has the updates available, you are out of luck through traditional channels.   A new Samsung running kit kat is highly sought after for rooting, which is not to be discussed here.  Your option is return it, use as is, or sell it based on its ability to be rooted due to an unsigned boot loader.

Sorry.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.