Cyber Week Deals: Buy an eligible iPhone & get a FREE AT&T Charger!
What is happening with 3G?
DillonT's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Jan 8, 2015 4:31 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Wifi Dropping

Hi, I've been using my Galaxy Note 3 for quite a while now. However, my wifi stopped working a month ago. I believe the problem is called "wifi-dropping". Everytime I connect to a wifi network I automatically disconnect. I have tried every solution I could find. Ex: Disabling auto network switch, restarting router and phone, etc..

Here is one of the websites I have looked at for solutions and they still don't work for me.

http://www.technobezz.com/fix-wifi-connection-problem-samsung-galaxy-note-3/

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

7 y ago

I looked through the list. All good solutions.
The only thing left, and I'm choking on this, is a wifi antenna that is not functioning well.

I also have a Note 3, for 10 months and no problems.

Does it drop all wifi?
How does it connect if you turn off mobile data?

Things not mentioned are factory data reset. Which I would consider after a good backup.

I have had good luck with questions at the Samsung desk at Best Buy.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

So far, it has only dropped the wifi at my house and my cousins house. I have connected to other wifi networks successfully. I think the wifi stops working after around a week of me connecting to it

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

7 y ago

Uh.....
So it connects fine for a week, then it drops? For how long? And what do you do to reconnect?

Not what I expected. I thought it was not connecting. A connection for a week, then a disconnect doesn't sound like "wifi dropping" at all.

Your phone is designed to seek the best network possible unless you over ride. My phone is set to do major jobs over wifi, like updates, video, backups, etc.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

By wifi dropping I meant it took a week of me actually connected to my cousin's house for it to stop working completely. I am no longer able to connect to his wifi or mine. So I can connect to other wifi but it will eventually stop me from connecting to it

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

7 y ago

If you delete your home wifi and add again, does it connect and stay connected for a while?

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

7 y ago

Are these secured networks with good broadcast?
How reliable is the home network?
The phone is designed to seek the best connection, if the wifi is bad, it will connect to mobile data.

Are there other wifi networks it connects to better?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

Where I live, my wifi is the only with 4-5 bars. The rest are like 1-2. I have also tried unsecuring the wifi to see if it works but it still disconnects

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

7 y ago

Your cellular shows as bars. The wifi shows a s a fan. You might still call that bars, which is fine.

If your phone has more than 10 wifi networks stored ( which I think is the max ) delete seldom used and see if that has any effect.

Honestly dropping once a week isn't a big concern. Not reconnecting automatically is odd.

If nothing else works, a full back up wipe and reset to factory, then restore may be the best option.

Are you running software version 4.4.2? If not call tech support and put in a case to update your phone, or stop at a Best Buy or AT&T store for the update.
Before this update I had GPS and cellular disconnects.
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.