Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!

Nibiru's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Nov 13, 2013 3:41 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

Any news when will Android 4.4 (aka Kit-Kat) be available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

86.5K Messages

7 y ago

Wayne,

regarding the "R" word....   I keep checking XDA for an AT&T R for my sch-1467.   Sadly, without Odin and a PC it isn't yet possible.

death to Bloatware!Smiley Mad

Smartfast

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

7 y ago

4.4.2 for the S4 was released by AT&T for OTA updates on 2/26/2014, verified by AT&T support.

Based on Samsungs press release about 4.4.2 sometime mid-feburary, and other Note 3's (elsewhere in the world, and other carriers) getting the update already, I bet AT&T is  working on releasing 4.4.2 for Note 3 in the US soon.

If not, I will personally be jumping ship for a competitor who has released it (while guaranteeing I will fix the stupid GPS problem with Note3 at the same time).

So, it is in their best interest to release it sooner rather than later. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Just so you know, I can confirm from very personal, side-by-side experience in my car that Verizon DOES NOT drop the GPS signal. I moved to ATT last month and had my 6 month old Note 3 from VZN that I kept while I awaited the $160 for 4 lines to make sure it went through and I ran Waze and Maps on both devices at the same time and every couple of mins (or with a new message or charger plug-in) the ATT phone would drop GPS (rectified each time by turning the GPS off and back on). 

Smartfast

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

7 y ago

great info beardgod. I had AT&T support today try to tell me that this is not an AT&T issue. I think your post proves otherwise.

I will also note, I have a verizon S4 (not a note 3 but quite close) provided by my job, and it does not have ANY of the GPS issues I have with my AT&T note 3. I also still have my previous phone -- AT&T Note 2. I switch my sim card into that phone and it works fine also. It's only the Note 3 that has this issue.

I was able to receive a $25 credit from AT&T today after persistant complaining. Now i will sit tight for another 3 weeks, hopefully the update will come by then. If it doesnt, or it does not fix the issue, I will get loud again. (You will see me post here...)

Until then, I will just use my Verizon S4 to navigate flawlessly and without any safety issues.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

I am wondering why AT&T is taking so long to release Kit-Kat update to Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Are you not ashamed for this being delayed? Except AT & T all the US carriers released it... Is there any specific geniune reason for this delay?

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

7 y ago

S4 kitkat released over a week ago and sadly still no kitkat for note 3. This is pretty embrassing for the second largest carrier in the US. Losing to all the other carriers.
wolfie

Professor

• 

13 Messages

7 y ago

any word on the galaxy s 3    not the note  for 4.4?

Smartfast

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

7 y ago

I had an online chat rep for AT&T tell me outright that the reason they have not yet released KitKat for note3 is because they are trying to include a GPS fix. I posted his coment and name verbaitum to the GPS problem thread.

I dont know how accurate his understanding is but that sounds believable to me..

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

The Note 3 is the flagship business phone/phablet. I expect it to function like it with Solid updates. If we have to wait an extra week okay but since we are likely 90% business users we should not be waiting until after the S4 has already been updated. If I can't get the service I personally will find another carrier who knows how to treat it's business customers.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

Has Keys been updated? Last time I checked (Dec.?) it hadn't been. And was therefore a waste of time.

‎02-28-2014 08:06:53 AM

@nburgos305 wrote:

is there any way to push the pre update ? it keeps saying install interupted

Try doing it through Keys.  You should be able to get it from there since Samsung finally posted the update to there site.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

That's Samsung's "Kies". Sorry for the confusion.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Is the kitkat available in Kies already?

aygriffith

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 y ago

Absolutely, as long as you have a T-Mobile or Sprint Note 3... Smiley Indifferent

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 y ago

I'm hopeful that the KitKat update has the GPS fix as well. My wife and I both have Note 3's (aka $1,400 of electronics in our hands) that we hope when driving will always have at least one of the two with active GPS.

If I go with a Note 4, it won't be the AT&T version...no matter how different the CPU is. Locked bootloaders should be optional when you flat out purchase the phone. If I buy it, I own it and want to tweak it to my liking without voiding a warranty.

So Sprint, T-Mobile, and many international carriers are enjoying the 4.4.2 on the Note 3. When will it come to us AT&T users in the Good 'Ol U.S.A.?

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

7 y ago

IT has been 2 weeks since the released of s4 and sadly no update for noye 3 kitkat. Second largest carrier my butt. If you want to compete with tmobile Update the note 3, cuz Tmobile released kitkat for note 3 last week

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.