The Samsung Galaxy S24
Nibiru's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 3:41 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

Any news when will Android 4.4 (aka Kit-Kat) be available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

10 years ago

Wayne,

regarding the "R" word....   I keep checking XDA for an AT&T R for my sch-1467.   Sadly, without Odin and a PC it isn't yet possible.

death to Bloatware!Smiley Mad

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

4.4.2 for the S4 was released by AT&T for OTA updates on 2/26/2014, verified by AT&T support.

Based on Samsungs press release about 4.4.2 sometime mid-feburary, and other Note 3's (elsewhere in the world, and other carriers) getting the update already, I bet AT&T is  working on releasing 4.4.2 for Note 3 in the US soon.

If not, I will personally be jumping ship for a competitor who has released it (while guaranteeing I will fix the stupid GPS problem with Note3 at the same time).

So, it is in their best interest to release it sooner rather than later. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Just so you know, I can confirm from very personal, side-by-side experience in my car that Verizon DOES NOT drop the GPS signal. I moved to ATT last month and had my 6 month old Note 3 from VZN that I kept while I awaited the $160 for 4 lines to make sure it went through and I ran Waze and Maps on both devices at the same time and every couple of mins (or with a new message or charger plug-in) the ATT phone would drop GPS (rectified each time by turning the GPS off and back on). 

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

great info beardgod. I had AT&T support today try to tell me that this is not an AT&T issue. I think your post proves otherwise.

I will also note, I have a verizon S4 (not a note 3 but quite close) provided by my job, and it does not have ANY of the GPS issues I have with my AT&T note 3. I also still have my previous phone -- AT&T Note 2. I switch my sim card into that phone and it works fine also. It's only the Note 3 that has this issue.

I was able to receive a $25 credit from AT&T today after persistant complaining. Now i will sit tight for another 3 weeks, hopefully the update will come by then. If it doesnt, or it does not fix the issue, I will get loud again. (You will see me post here...)

Until then, I will just use my Verizon S4 to navigate flawlessly and without any safety issues.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am wondering why AT&T is taking so long to release Kit-Kat update to Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Are you not ashamed for this being delayed? Except AT & T all the US carriers released it... Is there any specific geniune reason for this delay?

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

S4 kitkat released over a week ago and sadly still no kitkat for note 3. This is pretty embrassing for the second largest carrier in the US. Losing to all the other carriers.

Professor

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

any word on the galaxy s 3    not the note  for 4.4?

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

I had an online chat rep for AT&T tell me outright that the reason they have not yet released KitKat for note3 is because they are trying to include a GPS fix. I posted his coment and name verbaitum to the GPS problem thread.

I dont know how accurate his understanding is but that sounds believable to me..

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The Note 3 is the flagship business phone/phablet. I expect it to function like it with Solid updates. If we have to wait an extra week okay but since we are likely 90% business users we should not be waiting until after the S4 has already been updated. If I can't get the service I personally will find another carrier who knows how to treat it's business customers.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Has Keys been updated? Last time I checked (Dec.?) it hadn't been. And was therefore a waste of time.

‎02-28-2014 08:06:53 AM

@nburgos305 wrote:

is there any way to push the pre update ? it keeps saying install interupted

Try doing it through Keys.  You should be able to get it from there since Samsung finally posted the update to there site.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.