The Samsung Galaxy S24
Nibiru's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 3:41 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

Any news when will Android 4.4 (aka Kit-Kat) be available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices?

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

The biggest difference between 4.3 and 4.4.2 (kitkat) is that the kitkat Rom had stupendous battery life also I have never had even one reboot with this Kitkat Rom. It is as smooth as silk! I avoided the R word but if you're interested, XDA developers is the place to go!

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

The problem is AT&T could care less about pushing out updates. The only thing they see is the cost of time and money . We are the few 5-10% that want the latest and greatest software. Luckily Google and Samsung put some pressure on AT&T or we would never see any updates. As posted above if you are one of the few 5-10%ers go to XDA and profit.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

Custom rom days are over.  I started up with my old XDA phone on T-Mo back in 2002.  Stopped with the Galaxy S. Getting too old for that stuff.

Care less about sums it up.  Even the support reps here appear to have given up on us But they have nothing of value to share since they are told nothing.  HTC Twitter now tells people to see their carriers for updates.  Right, like that is going to produce results.  HTC was the only one giving us any transparency and now they are throwing up their hands and giving up.  

Nexus or Google Edition phone is the only way to go at this point.  Take the carrier out of the equation as much as possible and make them a dumb pipe only.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Since the official samsung release leaked, I've heard I can install that on my Note 3 and still receive the OTA update of the AT&T official release? Wanted to confirm this before I go ahead and install the official leaked version. Please confirm.

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

U.S.Cellular just released 4.4.2 for its S4 and Note 3.  Only God knows when AT&T will release with their record on Updates!!!!!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02/20/us-cellular-announces-android-4-4-2-updates-for-the-galaxy-s4-and-galaxy-note-3/  

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

It is starting to get embarassing,  even more if Verizon releases it next for both phones.  I still think ATT will release it soon and even before the HTC One.  Something Samsung can gloat about next week at the MWC.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Sprint released KitKat for their Note 3 today. C'mon AT&T, get on it!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

ATT and Samsung must have something between them since they have not released 4.4 on any samsung device on ATT.  LG and HTC both have released 4.4 on ATT.  

Both ATT and Samsung need to stop with the Bull and release the update and in a working order!  

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

How is the s4 getting the kit kat update before the note 3 smdh at&t yall Dead wrong s4 got two major updates note 3 none

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I just checked to see if there were any new updates this morning and I was surprised to see a notification that said it was going to update. When the update finished (38.47MB) I didn't really notice anything new or different. So I checked the Build# and Version#. I googled them and came up empty handed. What the heck kind of update did I just get??? This is the number I have now jss15j.n900aucubnb4 and still shows Android 4.3, with a Baseband version of n900aucubn34. I can't find ANYTHING on these updates. I have a screenshot showing the update in progress, and the version #s. I have no idea what just downloaded, but rest assured,  I will be reaaaaaaaaaaaally mad if that is all we get for an "update"!!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.