Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!
ckuczek

Professor

• 

517 Messages

Mon, May 30, 2011 3:06 AM

Samsung Epic 4G Question - Please Read Entire Message

I have a friend who has Sprint and has the Samsung Epic 4G.  It worked fine for him at first, but the phone has been behaving strange for almost a year.  Some of the issues he has been having with the device are the following:

• Picks up the phone to use it and it calls people
  • Presses buttons and they do not respond
  • Unlocks the phone to answer a call and it will not unlock

His most recent issue with the device is the time not displaying completely.  Half of the date will appear on the screen.  This is an Android phone.

I know these are not the Sprint forums and I would ask this question within their online community, but I am not a Sprint customer and they require you to provide account information to register on their forums.

Any idea as to why this phone could be malfunctioning?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ann154

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

Try uninstalling all the downloaded applications from the phone one at a time every couple of days. If the problem goes away after a application is removed, it was a bad application messing things up. If you get to the point where all the applications are removed and the issues are still there, the phone should be reset to the Factory settings. After signing into the Google account, don't install any applications from the market for a few days to verify that the original issues haven't returned. If the phone works properly in a factory state, you can start downloading applications one at a time again.

You can also try searching on androidcentral.com in their forums to see if there is additional information there.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
ckuczek

Professor

• 

517 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you very much for the information.  I will pass this along to the owner of the phone. 🙂