For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
killerskullz's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, September 8th, 2012 4:39 PM

Samsung Captivate Glide Update PROBLEM!

Hello,

I updated my Captivate Glide to the Androd 4.0 version via the official ATT/Samsung directions found here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00048593&fm_seq=53023

However, after I successfully updated my phone, I have noticed some weird bugs. First off (and the most major one), THE KEYBOARD DOESN'T LIGHT UP... That's a big bummer, does anyone know how to fix it? And also, the phone seems to lag at times when scrolling or just navigating web pages... That's just a minor issue though. But does anyone have a SOLUTION for the backligh on the keyboard not working? ATT/Samsung fix the problem please!!!!

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

My phone doing the same as yours.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Yes-same problems here! My phone is crashing after a call--can't make or receive calls, and disconnects from my car's bluetooth, so can't make or receive calls wirelessly while driving, without fooling with the actual phone. No keyboard backlight as well. Please, someone, assure me that they are taking care of this problem--the crashing phone is a REAL problem!!!! I am regretting I made this upgrade!

Debbie

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

Screen capture in ICS has changed to vol-down+power.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Just spent the afternoon redoing my phone after a factory reset. The phone crash problem is gone. Seems to be running a bit smoother, but keyboard backlight still does not work. Researching the problem now....we'll see if there's a fix somewhere...

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Glad it made your phone smoother!
I found a fix for the backlight keyboard not working problem, but it requires flashing your phone...idk why Samsung doesnt fully test out before releasing these updates...but if you wanna try it (at your own risk), then go ahead

To fix the keyboard backlight bug, you'll need the following:
Odin 1.85
Clockworkmod Recovery
The Keyboard Backlight fix The one labeled LH2 is for the official, the one labeled CWM is for the leak. If you're not sure what you're on, go to About Phone, and check the Baseband Version, if it ends in LH2 you're on the official, if it ends in LG9 it's the leak.
Optionally, SuperUser 3.2 RC3 if you'd like root.

First, make sure you have Kies installed, so that you have the correct USB drivers. Download the 4.0.4 .exe file from here. Power off your phone, hold Volume Up and Power to turn it back on. Keep holding them until you get a screen warning you about custom software, and release, then press volume up again to enter download mode. Hook the phone up to your pc and run Odin 1.85. Uncheck "F. Reset Time" and make sure that the only box checked is Auto Reboot, you shouldn't need to change anything else. Click on the PDA button, and load the clockworkmod .md5 file you downloaded, then press the start button and wait for the device to reboot.

This time you'll reboot into recovery. Power the phone off, hold the volume down and power button to turn the phone one. Keep holding them until you see text about entering recovery in the top left, and release. Use the volume keys to navigate and power to select, and go to Install zip from sdcard. Select the keyboard backlight fix zip. Once that's finished, if you'd like to be rooted, repeat the process to flash a zip, and this time select Choose zip from sdcard, selecting the superuser zip you downloaded earlier. Select Yes, and wait for superuser to flash. If you plan on keeping Clockwork Mod Recovery, you should make a backup now. To do so, select Backup and restore, and backup. This will take a bit, just be patient. When you're finished, select reboot system now, and you should be set.

From here, if you rooted you can install something like Titanium Backup, which will use root access to let you remove the various AT&T bloatware.

- XDA Forums

You can download the files required here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=31284524&postcount=17

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

The problem with the black screen after unlocking is only temporary.  Let the phone sit for about 10 to 15 minutes and check it again.  Evidently the first boot-up takes a while to complete after the update.  I had this same problem and thought that the update crashed, but it didn't.

Voyager

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I read on some other forums that the people who had rooted their glide before doing the ICS update had more problems that what we are reporting here. Personally, I don't see the need for me to root my phone. It works fine the way it came. The ONLY reason that I would want to do it is to remove some of the bloatware off the phone. Outside of that I really don't care. it does everything that I want it to do.

I tried the screencap suggested by another user in this thread, but it doesn't work.

I am hoping that there release a fix for this soon. Some of the issue's have become extrememly annoying.

Voyager

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I stand corrected. The screencap issue is not an issue at all. It's the same process of press the lock/power button and the home screen button at the same time. You just have to press and hold both buttons. It takes about 2 seconds now, as it used to be almost instant.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I WISH I HAD NEVER UPDATED!!   I am also getting the same error   "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." after I hang up from a call, or if I miss a call and try to swipe to see the missed call..  I am wishing I never updated to this ice cream. Had no problems with this until I updated 2 days ago!!   UGH!!!  ALSO MY KEYBOARD DOES NOT LIGHT UP EITHER NOW.   DO THEY NOT TEST THIS FULLY BEFORE RELEASING??  OR DO THEY LIKE TO HAVE ANGRY CUSTOMERS??!!!!!!   

I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

My phone is doing all of the same things as well. Also i noticed that wallpapers including live ones dont scroll to the left or right when moving homescreens.
They really should fix this soon
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.