Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Naina1985's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Dec 17, 2013 1:17 AM

Samsung Battery replacement

I bought a phone (and a connection) from AT & T in September 2013. My phone is a S 3 mini (Model SGH-1437P) and it uses the 3.8 V Li-ion Battery. 

Its only been a little over 3 months and my battery is dead. I therefore wanted the battery exchanged as it is within the warranty period as set out here: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=56012&cv=821&br=BR&ct=9004048&pv=3#fbid=pqq2wM57lVC

I want to know how I can go about exchaning the battery: I dont want to make a trip up to the store and be told that i should have brought something else with me. Also, is there a way in which I can have the battery sent to me?

Responses

johninsj

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Naina1985 wrote:
I bought a phone (and a connection) from AT & T in September 2013. My phone is a S 3 mini (Model SGH-1437P) and it uses the 3.8 V Li-ion Battery. 

Its only been a little over 3 months and my battery is dead. I therefore wanted the battery exchanged as it is within the warranty period as set out here: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=56012&cv=821&br=BR&ct=9004048&pv=3#fbid=pqq2wM57lVC

I want to know how I can go about exchaning the battery: I dont want to make a trip up to the store and be told that i should have brought something else with me. Also, is there a way in which I can have the battery sent to me?

The battery isn't an accessory, it's part of the phone purchase.

For the phone,

"To make a warranty claim after the first 14 days from purchase, contact the Warranty Service Center at 800.801.1101 for further assistance, or check to see if our Device Support Centers can provide you with same-day, face-to-face warranty and technical support."

It's a removable battery, looks like a new one is well under $20 on Amazon. Batteries are not typically covered under warranty (they do wear out) so you may be told you need to pay for a replacement.

Get started...

Ask a new question