Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jun 7, 2019 1:51 AM

S8 Plus phone is not updating

My phone is not currently activated to At&t. It doesn't let me download the Android Pie update. My phone is currently running Android 7.0 and doesn't update. Whenever I click check for updates, it shows that the current software is up to date. Is there anyway to update my phone?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

a year ago

@joeldf wrote:

You say it's not activated on AT&T.  Is it an AT&T branded phone?  If so, it has to have an active AT&T SIM with service to get the updates from AT&T.

Otherwise, you'll have to find alternative methods that aren't allowed to be described here on this forum.

@GLIMMERMAN76  might share a few search hints, though 😉

If you google the updates you will find them... BUT remember to backup your phone as it will WIPE it clean.  ATT officially only updates phones for customers.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

9.1K Messages

a year ago

Moving to wireless.

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
joeldf

ACE - Guru

• 

548 Messages

a year ago

You say it's not activated on AT&T.  Is it an AT&T branded phone?  If so, it has to have an active AT&T SIM with service to get the updates from AT&T.

Otherwise, you'll have to find alternative methods that aren't allowed to be described here on this forum.

@GLIMMERMAN76  might share a few search hints, though 😉

- Joel

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I did it a different way. I got an Att sim card that was activated and put into the phone. It did the trick.

Get started...

Ask a new question