For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
balkie's profile

Tutor

• 

37 Messages

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022 2:22 PM

RCS not working for all people since getting S22

Since getting my new S22, RCS no longer works with my wife.  We are both on AT&T branded Samsung phones and using Google Messages.  We both have chat features enabled.  The only difference is that mine says it's "powered by AT&T" while hers says "powered by Jibe Mobile".  Does AT&T's RCS seriously not interact with Jibe Mobile RCS?  Furthermore, why wouldn't there be consistency within AT&T on this?  They are both AT&T phones purchased through AT&T and used on the AT&T network.

• 

68 Messages

2 years ago

@Dplace4u you're speaking about a whole different type of issue. I, in fact, did just what you said on my Note20 Ultra. Guess what? Didn't matter because it is AT&T's issue with their implementation of the RCS servers for Google Messages. Here is a hint, maybe read the full replies before commenting. But I do appreciate your help regardless.

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

I have been through both avenues with moving/migrating from Google RCS jibe chat. The first S22 I activated, I did not turn off chat features on my S10+. I did try to go through Google's nuclear option and disable RCS for my number through their webpage after I started digging into the problem. I think that reset page is linked early in this thread. About 24 hours later the app started to show connect, the rest of the issues occurred and have persisted. My wife received her phone short time later, by which I had heard it was advised to disable chat before moving from Jibe server to AT&T. Once fully disabled, we even removed the messages app from her old phone completely, we then swapped the sim card to the new S22+. Her new S22+ connected to chat features after a short period of time, but she could only Chat with myself. All of her other previous chat enabled conversations have since remained sms/mss enabled only.

Seems like if this was the problem then one of my phones would have had full chat function, and the other would not. Rather it seems that since both of the S22+ on our account ultimately have the same issue, it's rather just a small migration hiccup and the real issue is in AT&T served messages app.

I think this was discussed in the earlier posts.

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

My wife and I are on ATT. She recently obtained her new Samsung s22 Ultra the AT&T variant. I purchased the unlocked version of the same device. I am the only person Google Messages users who she is unable to send the Google chat message to this far. I'm experiencing the same problem, she's the only Google Messages user I can't chat with. 

My ATT Pixel and her ATT Note 10 worked fine.. This is a huge problem @ATTHelp

This need to be addressed ASAP.

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

Unfortunately, they said on Monday to "please give them 24-48hrs." It's been 168 hours and still nothing addressing this besides on these two threads, let alone a timeline or an actual fix.

I fear they're going to say that this is the cost of doing business with them and we have to wait until "Mid-2022" whatever that means.

Continue to call CS and demand a refund on your bill until this is fixed. AT&T is a public company, the only way they will implement a change is if it hurts their bottom line. There is no excuse for bricking customers phones when a much more robust and functional server already existed besides them trying to save money or make more money from out data. This should have never happened, we did not agree to beta-test this 

(edited)

Tutor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

Anyone else getting this pop-up in messages?

But still no workie!

Tutor

• 

28 Messages

2 years ago

From what I've been reading the past three days, if your messaging app says "Powered by Jibe" inside the chat features section, your chat features should be working. If it says "Powered by AT&T" then chat features will not be working. According to AT&T, all AT&T branded Android 12 phones released after 2/25/2022 are automatically using chat services powered by AT&T - which at the present time, do not work.

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

2 years ago

This is not acceptable! The S22 is the flagship phone of Samsung and AT&T decides to skin a good app Google Messages? My family and friends have different carriers so why would AT&T expect them to have AT&T too? It makes absolutely no sense to have a closed RCS system. Before I got the S22, my RCS exchanges with non-AT&T users were working perfectly.  AT&T is ruining the RCS user experience and that's why iMessage remains KING of messaging! This is pathetic AT&T! Change your behavior and treat Android correctly!

Tutor

• 

28 Messages

2 years ago

C'mon everyone! Cut AT&T a break. They're only a $171 billion company that made this announcement in June of 2021. They just need a little more time to get everything up and running.

The above is obvious sarcasm if you didn't already pick up on it.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Found this on Reddit. Let me know if it works. Https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/szkbg6/galaxy_s22_ultra_google_messages_chat_rcs_not/hyjcg14?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share&context=3

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

I have the "Google version" as it still had things that the Samsung one lacks, however it doesn't fix the RCS issue that AT&T created by switching it to their severs before they were ready and now we cannot communicate with anyone outside of AT&T / T-Mobile.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.